cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems

N/A

Connection problems

Hi,

I'm sure this is probably a repeat of many posts on here. I've been unable to log on to the web since Sunday as there is no connection. I've not requested the 8meg upgrade so unless plusnet have done that off their own back I can rule that one out.

Sent a ticket yesterday but judging from the contents of some posts on here, I think I'm looking for miracles for a reply just yet.

Has anyone got any ideas what the problem is or is it a case of waiting for whatever it is to sort itself out?

regards

Marcus
7 REPLIES
N/A

Connection problems

Hi Marcus.

Welcome to the forums.

Can you check the Link / ADSL light on your modem / router and let us know if it is steady or flashing please. Smiley

If the light is steady, have you tried powering down your modem / router for about 30 minutes?

If connecting via an extension, can you try your equipment from the Master socket with all other phones, faxes, sky equipment disconnected and see what that does.
N/A

Connection problems

Hi,

Am posting this from work but the ADSL light is constant. If tried turning off my router (for about 10 mins) but no luck. It is a direct line without an extension, however not tried unplugging phone.

weird thing is another member of my family is having same problem, along with a few other people i've heard of in the Southampton area (could this be an issue?).

wont be able to try again till i get home tonight.
N/A

Connection problems

Hi,

It might be worth entering your phone number in the Exchange Checker to see if there are any problems listed.

Not that that is conclusive as BT dont update it too quickly, but it might give some indication.
N/A

Connection problems

exchange checker is coming up green, so unless its out of date, seems fine.
N/A

Connection problems

Having read alot of the posts on here, i'm guessing it a fair bet to say that this is down to LLU problems. Now i'm stuck on a 12 month contract so dont really want to buy my way out of it unless i have to, so my question is. How long does it / will it take plus net to sort the problem out. Have never had a problem with them up to now so its a shame its turing a bit sour at the moment
N/A

Connection problems

Hi there - what was the resolution with this - I'm in Southampton on LLU and have had no connection for two days - sync'd with the exchange but cannot connect.
N/A

Connection problems

My connection also went down Sunday - modem showing no signal at all..

I raised a ticket and a fault is being investigated.

However,because Plusnet's help system is practically useless, I did some fault finding of my own;checked filters,cables,plugs etc.

I eventually borrowed a working Speedtouch 330 modem and used in place of my Binatoone USB ADSL 500 and managed to get a connection.

So on the face of it, it *seems* the binatone is faulty BUT the weird thing is that the Speedtouch synchs at exactly 160K (up *and* down).

Is this because the speedtouch isn't configured correctly,or is it due to something else?

I've read on the forums that this could be a sign that something has happened at the exchange to cause the line signal to drop. Like LLU, for instance. I was told via the ticket that I am *not* on LLU, but according to 'Samknows' my exchange does have a Tiscali LLU presence.

Having heard so many conflicting stories on the forums, I no longer know what to think, or what to do next (other than wait for the seemingly interminable fault checking procedure to get underway).