cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems in the last 72 hours

N/A

My router's been disconnected twice in the last 72 hours after previously running solid for two weeks. Now I know you should reboot your router every so often - but losing the connection twice in 72 hours?? Has anyone else been experiencing similair problems?

EDIT:
And webpages are taking an age to load now. And yes I have flushed DNS.
8 REPLIES
N/A

yep experienced it several times yesterday, brother in law is experiencing it just as bad tonight
N/A

Hi there,

When the router disconnects, does the adsl / link light go out, remain steady or flash?

In the main, disconnects are not caused by ISP's but by internal wiring or equipment, line issues or exchange issues.

Let us know what happens with the synch light on the router and we'll take it from there.
N/A

When the connection dropped the lights were basically solid and not flashing as they do when there's traffic. I experienced it Tuesday afternoon about 4pm and then it happened again at 2am this morning. Out of the blue while browsing - the connection just goes.
N/A

I wouldn't say two in 72 hours is too worrying. Mine's currently dropping every four or five minutes.
N/A

Suprising the number of connection problems and speed issues are currently on the board!!! anyone else noticed this?
N/A

I wouldn't say two in 72 hours is too worrying. Mine's currently dropping every four or five minutes.

Well it is worrying really, because I've not been experiencing any connection problems previously - and I mean at all.

I sympathise with the fact that your connection is dropping every four or five minutes, but for my connection to go twice in 72 hours - completely out of the blue - is worrying because it's obviously a problem that hasn't previously been occuring. And for me to have such a reliable connection (I NEVER have dropouts) and then to experience two in 72 hours - something's wrong.

EDIT:
And I'm talking about web browsing or updating my antivirus updates going belly-up - I'm not talking about p2p. And please please please - it is not the hardware.
N/A

No but p2p would also drop out at the same time, ive had a number of drop outs today, first time ive ever experienced any at all. I only noticed them as the p2p program I used recorded the dropout and upstream and downstream just dropped instantly to 0 checked browsing and that had dropped out too.
N/A

I think I just found a somewhat partial answer to my problems here:
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2
But why did I have to go digging around through this forum to eventually find a link that would eventually lead me to an answer. Why in God's name can't PlusNet send an e-mail to customers about an hour before any planned maintenance - and I'll say that again - planned maintenance - to inform customers that their connection will drop. Do you have ANY idea how frustrating it is to be kept uninformed. I can't for the life of me understand why this is not feasibly possible. I'm really cheesed off about this. Sad