cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection out all day

N/A

Connection out all day

I placed a ticked earlier as my connection went dead this morning.

Did all the usual things first - reboot router - reboot computer - checked the service status (on dialup) then had to endure the trouble shooting process. To get that ticked up and running.

I found out later that the whole town was out (at least). That should have been a known fact to +net and they could have put that on the service/status announcments. It would have saved my time checking cables/router logs ect and it would have saved plusnet staffs time to deal with the ticket - maybe not - they still have not dealt with it anyway.
2 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Connection out all day

Unfortuntely, due to the number of small outages that we are alerted to by BT it isn't always possible to publish them via service status, as this is something that is reserved for major outages affecting a large number of people around the country.

That being said, it is possible to check these alerts here by putting in your telephone number, and this will display any recent outages that would affect you.
N/A

Connection out all day

that is good to know.

Why not get one of your programmers to cross-reference this list with the initial-fault checker? That way when someone checks for a fault it will come up without having to search for other faults.