N/A

Connection (or not as the case may be)

2003-10-27
14:46:16 Comment By: You
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Wizard NOT followed]
[Comment on service]
[Additional Information]
I have had an ongoing connection problem lasting about 2 months and after God knows how many 'phone calls, which probably cost me a fortune, it seems it may finally have been resolved by replacing the Modem (seems it WAS faulty all along but no-one wanted to believe me).
I received a new Modem today, fitted it into my PC and.... WOWEEEEE connected immediately, dis-connected and re-connected umpteen times no bother.
I am now looking to receive some recompense for the LONG LLONNGG LLLOOONNNGGG time I was unable to gain access to the internet.
Over to you PlusNet!!

Wottaz (A not to happy customer) Open
2003-10-28
00:46:39 Comment By: [Removed]
Customer Support Centre Dear Customer,

We are glad that the service has now been restored for you. However, I am afraid we are not able to offer you any compensation for problems which may or may not have occured during this time.

All possible faulty equiptment needs to be looked at in all possible areas to ensure that it is working as designed.

Regards,
Support. Actioned
2003-10-28
19:36:50 Comment By: You
Open
2003-10-28
19:47:35 Comment By: You
Why is it I am not surprised at your refusal for any recompense for the time I was not able to access the InternetHuh
Obviously PROFITS outweigh CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
Well at the end of my 12 months contract (December) I intend to take my business elsewhere and my Son in law who I recommended to your company and who has seen the bother I have had getting this connection eventually sorted, will also be looking elsewhere.
Now correct me if I am wrong but that seems quite a loss and even more so if other customers reading this decide that your service is not that great when things start going wrong.
Roll on December!!

Wottaz Open

[Moderator's note (by acarr): Removed CS agent name in accordance with Forum Guidelines]
8 REPLIES
N/A

Was the original (faulty) equipment supplied by yourself, or by plusnet? From the very beginning did you tell them that you suspected the equipment was faulty?

You should remove the customer support agent's name, in accordance with the link:forum guidelines.
Community Veteran

I assume you read the terms and conditions when you signed up? If so you would have seen that no refunds are offered for such situations, PlusNet supplied hardware or not.

While it's unfortunate that you have encountered problems, this can happen with any Internet provider and in 99% of the cases they will also not offer compensation.

Chris
N/A

The Modem was supplied by PlusNet as part of my sign up package and as for the comment that most companies don't give refunds, only goes to prove that profits come first. If more time was allowed to Tech support agents to try and solve the problem instead of trying to keep call stats down then maybe this problem would not have lasted so long!!

Wottaz Shockedops:
N/A

Profits have allways come first and is part of the motivating force within a company. Failure to aim high would see a company as a flop amongst its customers.

However, the customer shouldn't be judging a company by profits, but by how it handles complaints, how the company interacts with the customer and unbiased opinion polls (like the Future Internet awards).

Every query you may is treated to the human touch and I have never seen interaction of the Customer Support team in any other comapny, including those with dedicated accounts managers.
N/A

I feel very dis-satisfied with the length of time (2 months) to sort out the problem with my connection which turned out to be a defective Modem, supplied by yourselves.
I was then informed that no means of compensation for loss of Internet connection during that period will be forthcoming.
I find this to be outrageous and so have decided to take my business elsewhere, my Son in Law who I recommended your company to will also be cancelling his account at the end of his 12 month contract.
This being the 02/11/2003 I expect my contract to be terminated 02/12/2003.
If there is any problem with this please inform me immediately.

John Watson :roll:
N/A

You should cancel your account through the link:contact us system, the forums are not an official way of contacting plusnet.
Community Veteran

You'll need to stick that in a Contact Us ticket, as these forums aren't an offical means of contact with PlusNet's support.

And by the way, just in case you were wondering, we moderators aren't members of the PlusNet company - we're just customers.

Lastly, I'm moving this to Customer Feedback, where it might bt picked up by the Comms Team.

Thomas
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

If you want to get in touch with me directly (iwild@plus.net) I would be more than happy to review this. If it is a clear case that the support team failed to diagnose a faulty piece of equipment which we supplied, then I would be happy to look into what re-compense we can offer you.

Regards,

Ian