cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping

N/A

My modem (Netgear Dg632) keeps connecting and dropping the connection to my ADSL line in cycles of about 15-20 seconds. (I am accessing through a different service at present).

Any ideas what is likely to be causing this problem, is it likely to a problem with the modem/router, or is something happening to the PlusNet service.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Having the exact same problem here, since about 11pm last night my line lost sync and hasn't gained sync at all since...it just runs through the cycle, gets as far as training and drops again
Simon22
Dabbler

My connection has been dropping every 20 minutes or so for the last coupl eof days, it's concerning.
daveyb
Grafter

Apologies if you've been through this already, but have you tried turning the router off and physically disconnecting your fly lead from the socket for at least 10 minutes?
N/A

I've tried everything...filed a ticket with PN last night and got this reply..

Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

The Connection checks have now completed

Test result summary: Fail

We have completed testing of your broadband service. The results indicate that the fault may be caused by a problem with our systems. More information may be available on our Service Status page.Please check Service Status.If there is no service-wide problem reported on Service Status, we will provide an update when we have more information.

This is the first time ever when i've had a sync problem that a ticket has come back and told me the problem is at PN's end...however, this reply came in at 6:55pm last night...still no reply and the line still isn't syncing
GersFans
Grafter

Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

The Connection checks have now completed

Test result summary: Fail

We have completed testing of your broadband service. The results indicate that the fault may be caused by a problem with our systems. More information may be available on our Service Status page.Please check Service Status.If there is no service-wide problem reported on Service Status, we will provide an update when we have more information.

Sorry if you got excited by that reply, but its a standard reply in some secenarios. I've had it myself. The next test will come back as OK..

A month down the road and still no end in sight for this noncense I am going through..
N/A

Are you MAX DSL though, cos i've opted out of that