cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping, sync stays on

N/A

Hi guys,

Earlier today I thought my connection keeps dropping because after being maxed last week to 7.4Mbs my speed was increased today to 7.6Mbs. I thought my line just can't handle this speed.

Upon further investigation I can now say that my connection to Plus Net drops every 5 minutes on the dot.
My sync however is fine and my router re-authenticates my connection immediately and all is fine for another 5 minutes. This has been going on for the last 36 hours or so.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

All the disconnections are showing as user request, looks like an idle timeout or session timeout setting on the router. I'd have a look through the settings see if this could be causing it.
N/A

hmm

How do you know your are not loosing sync ?
What router do you have ?

EDITCheesyave beat me and now I look stoopid.
N/A

Hi,

All the disconnections are showing as user request, looks like an idle timeout or session timeout setting on the router. I'd have a look through the settings see if this could be causing it.

Thanks Dave! I upgraded the firmware for my Netgear yesterday morning and it defaulted the idle timeout to 5 minutes. I have set it to 0 again and all is fine!

Better speeds than ever!

Thanks!