cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping

N/A

Connection dropping

Thanks ske1fr

I will try that and post back to here tomorrow with what happens.

Darren
15 REPLIES
jgardner
Grafter

Connection dropping

Hi,

I've been having trouble with my connection, and someone i know has had exactly the same issues so i know its not just my PC or hardware.

Every now and then, probably about every 20 mins, my connection will drop for about 10 seconds, web pages won't load and email stops. Then the connection bubble will pop up telling me i'm connected and i'm up and runninf again. Although after about every 5th time of this happening, i will have to reboot before my connection works again.

This is even more frustrating when i'm on Xbox Live, and the game i'm in the middle of gets disconnected.

My question is why is this happening? Has anyone else had similar problems?
tcs2000
Grafter

Connection dropping

Had the line drop for no reason at all a few times today.
Unfortunately it's all part of the service at the moment. Sad
jgardner
Grafter

Connection dropping

The service which is unfortunately making me consider my options, i don't want to do that, but when i pay good money for a connection and also for Xbox Live, i expect it to work (as advertised).

It's not over the last few days either, its been for months now but i've only just decided to make an issue of it
N/A

Connection dropping

jgardner, this could very well be a line fault and/or equipment faults. Raise a ticket if you haven't done so.
N/A

Connection dropping

My line has been dropping/disconnecting for no reason.

:x
jgardner
Grafter

Connection dropping

I have raised a ticket, but don't see how it could be line or equipment faults if a lots of people on different exchanges with different equipment are having the same problems
N/A

Connection dropping

I have been suffering with approx 1-2 drops per day and I have now found out the cause of the problem.

My normal line snr is 24.5 and when I plug my Sky+ box in the SNR drops to 9.1 resulting in dropped connection(s)

it might not be the reason for all of you but it could explain the problem that some of you have been having.

I have got on to sky and I am awaiting their reply.
___oDiN__
Grafter

Connection dropping

wyeranger do you have a filter on your sky box connection?
if not then that will deffo be an issue i personally dont have my sky connected to the phone as i dont use interactive or box office
N/A

Connection dropping

I have all my phones and Sky boxes connected to a master adsl filter at the bt box next to my PC.

I also only connect my ADSL Router to this filter.

Phones / Sky+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Phone connection on Filter.
ADSL - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ADSL connection on Filter.
___oDiN__
Grafter

Connection dropping

have you tried a different filter as a test to see if that affects it in any way or try an additional filter on the sky connection
N/A

Connection dropping

I have tested with another filter and it is just the same.

I can't see how another filter on the sky+ line will make a difference but I might try it and see what happens.

The thing is the sky+ box is going through the correct ( phone ) connection on the adsl filter.
N/A

Connection dropping

Darren, have you got an extension cable on the end of the Sky box modem cable?

Off topic: all right, I'll bite. Why does a Wyerangers fan have a Rafa avatar? Nice avatar, by the way.
N/A

Connection dropping

Yes,

I have connected an extension box to the wall downstairs and that is connected to the phone connection of the adsl filter in the BT Connection wall box.
N/A

Connection dropping

Wye Rangers are my mens Sunday Morning football team that I have run for 3 seasons in High Wycombe.

I am in fact a scouser who moved south when I was little and I still follow the mighty reds.

The avatar is an original video on Sky sports that I recorded and turned into an Avatar. Thank You :O)