cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection down frequently

N/A

Hi,
I am generally satisfied with my broadband experience but the 2-3 last months I am having some problems with my connection. The connection is down all the time! The problem is fixed though only when I switch off/on the router and then I disable and then enable the wireless on my pc. I can understand that there is possibly a fault with my modem/router but can't confirm that as I haven't use other router. In addition P2P speed is very low although I never exceed my max allowance. IP conflict massages pop up frequently as I share my connection with two laptops. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I think the key thing is the IP conflict messages. That to me is implying that two PC's have been set up with the same IP address which can easily cause the problem with the connection disconnecting and the way you have to bring it back.

I would suggest either changing the IP address on one of the PC's or setting them both to pick up the IP address automatically and it should solve the problem.

If not, then when the connection drops does the router lose sync (usually indicated by a flashing ADSL light).
sam
Grafter

I have looked at the radius logs on your account and I cannot see any thing that indicates that you may have a problem with the line.

I can see that you have started the fault checker on your account and then closed it. Please re-raise the fault and allow the checks to complete. We will then be able to advise if this is a line problem or if it is more likely to be hardware related.
N/A

Thanks for your quick response. I read somewhere in the forumn that torrent software could cause problems so I need to check that as well. I will try to resolve the problem with the IP conflict and perform a line test afterwards. The most common problem is that although the light that indicates that the connection is up, is on, it is not flashing. The problem is solved only if I turn off/on the router.
Anyway, I ll follow your recommendations and post feedback soon.

Thanks