cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection down for almost a month

N/A

Hi,

Apologies as I am new to this forum, however I am getting the run-around from the support team (constantly blaming Tiscalli rather than their inability to manage the relationship), and my broadband connection has now been down for almost a month now (they keep saying it's an LLU fault).

Who can I raise this issue to other than the support staff, who it's no point getting annoyed with as they obviously don't know what they're doing?

How do I escalate a call.

See the latest below:

Thanks,
Nathan.

Mick,
That is not good enough. It has been almost a month now, and all I appear to be getting is excuses for the poor management of a 3rd party supplier. Why don't you stop blaming someone else, contact them directly, find out exactly what they have tried thus far to correct the fault, and what they intend to do given this has failed?
I suggest the following:
1. Contact Tiscalli yourself, and find out
(a) Exactly what they have done to attempt to resolve the fault,
(b) What their next step is, and also what the step will be after that assuming this will also not fix the fault (some foward planning put in place before now might have made Plusnet look far less incompetent - this is your opportunity to do so now),
(c) How they will be able to test/know when a connection is up, and therefore the fault may be fixed.
2. Ring me today on my mobile and tell me that you either intend to manage this, or have a different plan to fix this long standing fault.
3. Start thinking about what you are going to do to compensate me for my lost business, paying for a broadband connection when it is not working due to a fault of your own.
4. Contact me directly, by person, on my mobile, not SMS messages (are you scared of me or something? I am simply a customer trying to get the service I am currently paying for!)
I don't mean to tell you how to manage a fault process, however to date it appears you need all the help you can get, so ring Tiscalli, find out exactly what they are doing, when they are going to do it, take some ownership of your fault, and manage it to a resolution. Do not: blame someone else for a relationship it is your job to manage, hide behind SMS messages, sit idle when the fault is not fixed, have poor young guys ring me when they effectively have nothing to say, and no ability to do anything other than attempt to placate me.
It is your job to fix this fault in a timely fashion - do you think you are doing that? How would you appreciate the level of customer service I am experiencing?
I look forward to hearing from you personally, and will have my mobile on me.
Regards,
Nathan.
5 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi,

I'm happy to instigate a request for an LLU Mac code to get you moved back onto the IPStream platform. This usually takes about two weeks though.

Regarding the work that Tiscali have done, our guys do normally supply this information in the ticket when we have been able to gain the information, which sometimes isn't possible.

Regarding compensation for loss of business. You're on a residential product, and if you are using the line for commercial use, you should upgrade to a business product. Business products are not provided via a Tiscali link.
N/A

Hi James,

Thank you for the quick response.

To be blunt, I don't really care what is required to fix my connection fault, I just want it fixed. If it will be quicker to resolve this via an LLU Mac Code then yes do this. If however it is just something that will take two weeks, and then still not work, I would rather not. I don't mean to be obtuse, however I am at wits-end with updates about escalation to a 3rd party, and excuses for this taking so long. I just want it back up and running. As you can imagine receiving a bill for a service that is not being provided, and then having to chase the people who are meant to be managing it, and having to pay for the phone call to do so is somewhat frustrating.

Would it help you if I provided the incident id, or further information to see in more detail what is going on?

Again, thank you for your help, I do realise some of you guys genuinely want to help, I just haven't seen any evidence of that for a few weeks.

Regards,
Nathan.
James
Grafter

Hi Nathan,

I fully appreciate the frustration you have been having.

I have submitted a request to get the LLU MAC Key generated and we will then proceed moving you back to IPStream, which I would be hopeful of resulting in a resolution.
N/A

Thank you James, is this definitely going to take 2 weeks, or could it be resolved before then?
And when you have the LLU Mac code, is it a simple move, or is their potentially more pain to go through?
Finally, I assume I will not be required to pay for the time my service has been down due to this.
Cheers,
Nathan.
James
Grafter

Hi Nathan,

It basically depends on how soon we receive the MAC Code. Once we have received it, the transition back to IPStream should take 5 days to complete.

There have been reports of problems migrating some customers back to IPStream, but there are problems with some activations being completed.

As soon as we have received the MAC Code from Tiscali, we'll let you know.