cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection deteriorated

N/A

Connection deteriorated

Hi there,

My connection has suddenly got really bad, previously i could get a speed of 1840 kbps, this has dropped to 656 kbps. When I play online games my ping has increased from about 20ms to 200 - 400 ms.

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Connection deteriorated

Hi,

When did the problem start? I've just replied to someone else here with increased ping times tonight.

As there can you post a tracert to see if there's somewhere specific that the high pings are appearing?

Also make sure you've rebooted all your equipment since the problem began.
N/A

Connection deteriorated

Problem started yesterday with the ping jumping around.

Tracert gave no problems, good pings at all hops. Sounds like the problem was similar ti the posts in the other topic.

My ping seems to be back to normal now, and connection speed is almost backup to full.

Bit of an odd problem, cheers for such a quick response though.
N/A

Connection deteriorated

hmm... well i was playing cs and the server changed map, suddenly the ping is back up to 200 on the new map.
N/A

Connection deteriorated

Really odd thing is now i can connect to another game, which is hosted on the same server, and get a decent ping.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Connection deteriorated

Hmm, strange. I'm not yet sure what the cause is, but the network guys are going to investigate in the early hours, try it again tomorrow evening and see if it's any different.

With the speed decrease as well it could be that you're seeing another factor as well, take a look at

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

and see if there are any known problems in your area.
N/A

Huge ping in cs:s

Popped on here for first ime to see if anyone else had had similar probs to me, and it seems I am not alone!
My usual ping in Counter Strike Source is around 20-40, but today its around the 130 mark, and my normal surfing feels slower too.
Thought it was something i'd done, but rebooted numerous times, pc and router, to no avail.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Connection deteriorated

Hi there,

Can you have a look at this thread regarding pings in games.

We need someone to let us know when they will be playing so we can look at what's going on at our end to see if there's anything that might be causing this problem.