cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection always drops between 6:30pm and 7:30pm

N/A

For some reason every single day my connection will drop on the above times and not come on till afterwards. I have no idea what to do reagrding this issue. Raised a ticket but no problem found. I am at a loss but i can tell since i came to plusnet from Wanadoo i have been less than impressed. TBH wanadoo was better than this, faster download speeds, no connection drop outs.

So anyway can anyone tell me something to try to fix my problem?

PS. why do my download speeds never go about 25k EVER?!?!?!?!
8 REPLIES
N/A

Anyone?
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

What's actually happening when your connection drops? Does the status of your synch light change at all, ie does it start to flash? Similarly what hardware are you using, and have you tried disconnecting everything from the telephone line and just having that hardware plugged into the BT master socket?
N/A

The Sync light just flashes away, i will go solid for 10 secs then start to flash again.

I am using the Voyager 105 and have tired al those checks you mentioned when i first raised the ticket but with no success. Is there any reason why it only losses sync at these times?
JonathanW
Grafter

Its possible that there's something happening in that time period that is causing interferance on your line. Is there a regular event that happens, such as central heating coming on, or street lights outside the house?

But what I'd suggest doing is raising this back through to the faults team, as if you're loosing synch then there is obviously something going wrong.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If it dies at exactly the same time every day I would be looking for some other electrical equipment which is on a timer - and not neccesarily in your house. I seem to remember a fairly recent post from someone who had problems when the street lights came on.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Thats maybe so but i was with wanadoo for 2 years and this never happened until i moved to plusnet.

So surely that couldnt be the case could it?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

There's many, many things Plusnet have got wrong in the last few months that cause disconnections - but I can't recall anyone with a disconnect at the same time each day that was caused by Plusnet.

I think that it coinciding with your change to Plusnet may be a co-incidence. However, iIf you increased speed when you moved, it may be a marginal situation where the interference is sufficient to cause a drop at the higher speed, but not at the lower.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

If you are really lucky Plusnet may blame the christmas lights :lol: