cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Up & Down?

N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Evening all,

My connection is currently up and down like a yo-yo, does this imply anything RE MAX upgrade or simply bad connection?

Hoping its the first of course how does one find out??

Thanks all!

P
14 REPLIES
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

How long have you been max'd? Could just be the line settling in if it was very recent. Could be the inclement weather and there are oher people with this problem in the +Net newsgroup, but I can't remember what the resolution was.

Mark
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Hi P,

NOP!! its NOT just you I have been MAXED now of 13 days and tonight my speed test results are terrible, with speeds all over the show. My maximum stable rate according to F9 is 5500 (or 5.5megs) speed test just showed 1.5megs and another 3.4megs. How dreadful is that, unless anyone can of course beat that?? :roll:

Ivan
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Thing is not been told my line is/has been maxed, so i am wondering whether happening without notification? Possible or not?
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Just got email saying my connection has moved to different network, this equate to MAX as does not say a lot!
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Thing is not been told my line is/has been maxed, so i am wondering whether happening without notification? Possible or not?

Emails are not being sent out for MAX regrades at the moment. There is a compatibility problem with the bulk upgrade tool apparently!!

Just got email saying my connection has moved to different network, this equate to MAX as does not say a lot!

I posted this in the forum earlier this week for someone else moved to LLU, don't know whether it helped or not?

As you may have seen from my other thread(s) I had connection problems following my LLU upgrade last week, not least from getting a decent response from CS.

In the end the fix was stupidly simple. I'm posting the answer so those of you who may be in my position post upgrade are aware in advance.

In the PPPoA settings on my router, the enapsulation setting was LLC - it should be set to VC MUX (or whatever your router says.

I don't know if this may affect any modem users, but I'm just taking the view forewarned is forearmed.

Mark
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Mark,

You are a mind reader because i was going to ask about that!!!!

Makes sense of course moving to LLC on router as well!

Many thanks as would have never picked up however other than speed tests anything else i can do ?

Cheers matey
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Hello,

Well infact there is another point nobody seems to have mentioned here?. Which is if your connection has been moved to a LLU providor such as Tiscarli wholesale are you still on DSL MAX (upto 8megs) or have you infact been moved onto an ADSL2+ (upto 24megs service).??

**Might be worth checking that one out with F9 support as this hasnt been made that clear IMO.

**And hence the changes to router settings for modulation type etc.

Ivan
jabns2
Grafter

Beat ya

Cyteck i can beat you

22-05-2006 19:36:13 2392.1
21-05-2006 12:03:09 4236.6
19-05-2006 10:49:29 4092.7
18-05-2006 21:33:01 3992.2
18-05-2006 12:08:49 4405.1
18-05-2006 11:31:24 4117.3
17-05-2006 21:38:43 165.8

and i got maxed way back on the 10 of april. LOL Evil
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Hi James,

OK!! Yes!! you beat me but not bye much mate!! I think the last figure is a sheer fluke TBH. My speeds still all over the show, so much for MSR. The MSR quoted is utterly meaningless IMO it has no bearing upon the actual speed or performance of your connection if my experience is anything to go bye?

Ivan
jabns2
Grafter

Connection Up & Down?

I know all i think it does is set the ammout f9 throttle your account to. My upload speed barly reaches 256kbps (224kbps most of the time) Evil. That is all i am bothered about as well.
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Hi,

I just wonder what kind of speeds I would get on DSL MAX with another ISP?

Ivan
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Not sure but for the first time with F9 i am tempted, as i have been with F9 a fair while..

yesterday working from home @ night and disconnected 4/5 times, not good when working on live web servers.. Was not backing on being diconnected!
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

Hi pjmartins,

isnt that abit risky if your trying to work on live server's when the connection is so flakey??

Ivan
N/A

Connection Up & Down?

The connection had been ok and this needed to be done, no two ways about it otherwise of course, very flaky..... Had no choice other than to drive in at 1am .....did not appeal with the rain!