cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Settings / View my usage - Please explain...

benskia
Grafter

Hi.
Since all these sneaky extra caps and t&c changes have been brought in, I'm attempting to keep an eye on my usage. But, it's just too ruddy complicated to make out.

On the calendar view in the screen, it gives you a break down of the usage used between 8am - 4pm and then 4pm - midnight. Then you get a total underneath that, which doesn't add up to the total of the too.

For example, today mine shows:

8am-4pm = 1.58GB
4pm - Midnight = 93.04MB
Total - 3.31GB.

Now I know that 1.58 + 93.04 doesn't add up to 3.31GB. So obviously something is missing. And this, therefore must be the midnight - 8am usage. Why isn't there a 3rd breakdown box for that usage period? Is it not relevant? If not, why is the total usage this month the sum of all the totals (which must include the midnight - 8am usage).

This is all getting far too complicated, and downright silly.

Anyone know if Zen do okish web hosting inclusive of their broadband package? Would I be able to host a phpBB if I moved over. 'cos it's getting tempting.
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

We don't display the Midnight - 8am usage seperately as there is no requirement for this under the current SUP and Clean To policies. The total usage is provided so that you can keep track of your usage under the SUP.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well that statement makes a lot of sense I must say. Not required for SUP but so you can monitor your usage for SUPHuh?
N/A

There is no requirement to show the 12-8am useage because apart from the 100Gb a month total there is no seperate limit that you need to be aware of when downloading off-peak.

The reasons for the 8-4 and 4-12 breakdowns are so you can check your totals agaisnt the limits for those times.

The grand total is there so you can check on your 100Gb.
N/A

Does that mean, peak times have changed too? :?:
Community Veteran

No.

SUP uses a peak time of 4pm -> midnight

P2P/Usenet/FTP uses a peak time of 8am -> midnight but this should change to match the SUP peak time by the end of next month, when the full automation of this system is in place.
N/A

Ah very good good, thanks Mr Vaughan Smiley