cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Problems

N/A

Connection Problems

Hi,

This morning it took be 20 minutes to connect to the 08089933269 dialup numbers. Sometimes I was given the busy tone and other times the BT message 'The service cannot be connected'.

Obviously this would be acceptable as congestion and an isolated incident but it seems to have been happening frequently although not to quite the same extent. Over the last few weeks I have had the same difficulties and it has often taken a long time to connect in the late afternoon and during the day time.

It is almost as though the service is returning to the levels before PlusNet changed the dialup numbers.

Is this just my area that seems to be affected?

Regards,

Stephen Creasey
12 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connection Problems

> Is this just my area that seems to be affected?
>
On the High Wycombe exchange and Connect Lite I often don't get connected first time in the mornings now - usually get at least one 'The service cannot be connected'. I'm still least likely to get on first time 4pm to 4.30pm and 8pm to 8.30pm, but usually connect second or third attempt and very rarely more than fourth.

It does seem to require a 20 second delay between retries though.
alliejc
Grafter

I'm also having this problem. I never have a single day when I'm able to connect first time. This morning I can't get on at all and I've had to resort to using the local rate number - why should I when I've already paid my monthly fee?

Allie, Lincolnshire

> > Is this just my area that seems to be affected?
> >
> On the High Wycombe exchange and Connect Lite I often don't get connected first time in the mornings now - usually get at least one 'The service cannot be connected'. I'm still least likely to get on first time 4pm to 4.30pm and 8pm to 8.30pm, but usually connect second or third attempt and very rarely more than fourth.
>
> It does seem to require a 20 second delay between retries though.

N/A

Hi there,
We are investigating increased feedback with regards to contention on your type of account, so we would welcome any feedback you have, such as times and dates.
Contention would be slightly higher than normal over the last couple of days, more people are online due to the school holidays and the bad weather!
To recap, we welcome your feedback on the issue. Remember that the accounts are contended, however if they are not operating as designed this is something we certainly would like to hear about.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

I have now given up on the 0808 connection. It has been going from bad to worse over the last week. Sometimes it connects and then drops the line after a minute. Sometimes it connects, but is only able to access about 10% of the websites I want. But most of the time it just will not connect at all. I realise that kids are on holiday etc but I have a business account, and that should not be affected by all the users on free or home accounts jamming the system should it? I though that we paid extra for this very reason. Right now I am able to dial in 100% first time with both freeuk.com and ukf.net. And also interestingly enough, the Plusnet 0845. The connect account really isnt all its ctacked up to be is it?
N/A

I've been having the same problem all week, but more so today.

I'm connected at the moment using the 0845 number, which realy defeats the object of paying for the 0808 number!!

I thought I was having a problem with my system, but it seems I'm not the only one having problems.

Can we have an explanation please, PlusNet.

Thanks.
alliejc
Grafter

Well said Richard. I am still unable to connect and having to use the local rate number. What gets me is that on the service status page it would appear that there are no known problems with connecting when this couldn't be further from the truth! Please let us know what is happening.

Allie

> I've been having the same problem all week, but more so today.
>
> I'm connected at the moment using the 0845 number, which realy defeats the object of paying for the 0808 number!!
>
> I thought I was having a problem with my system, but it seems I'm not the only one having problems.
>
> Can we have an explanation please, PlusNet.
>
> Thanks.

N/A

I have the same problem with 0845 number, i'm using the biz connect service which cost me £40 a month and for that the service is just not good enough.

Plus net improve your sevice or I'm moving my account.
N/A

> I have now given up on the 0808 connection. It has been going from bad to worse over the last week. Sometimes it connects and then drops the line after a minute. Sometimes it connects, but is only able to access about 10% of the websites I want. But most of the time it just will not connect at all. I realise that kids are on holiday etc but I have a business account, and that should not be affected by all the users on free or home accounts jamming the system should it? I though that we paid extra for this very reason. Right now I am able to dial in 100% first time with both freeuk.com and ukf.net. And also interestingly enough, the Plusnet 0845. The connect account really isnt all its ctacked up to be is it?

Hi,

This sounds like a specific fault rather than you being affected by contention etc. If you haven't already done so please raise a ticket via Contact Us including details of the fault and PPP logs from your connections (we can provide info on how to obtain these if you require it).

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

I'm in the same situation as all these other guys. Connection today has been dreadful. I too have also now resorted to using PAYG (on which I connect first time every time).

I live in West Wales so it doesn't seem to be anything geographical as has been claimed in the past. I will be raising a ticket to see if anything can be done.
N/A

Hi Guys,

As posted in service status, we have identified the cause of this, and hope to have additional capacity in place by Wednesday of this week.

Please keep an eye on service status for further updates.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

This sounds like a specific fault rather than you being affected by contention etc. If you haven't already done so please raise a ticket via Contact Us including details of the fault and PPP logs from your connections (we can provide info on how to obtain these if you require it).

Yes please - how do I get to the PPP logs?
N/A

> Yes please - how do I get to the PPP logs?

What operating system are you running?

This page isn't bad:

http://www.help.perle.com/index.asp?a=4&q=61

And the Mircrosoft site will also have specific instructions for your OS.

Let us know if you need any more assistance.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support