cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Problems

N/A

Connection Problems

Is there a problem with the plusnet atm. I play Everquest and have lost connection twice 2 nite and once last night?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Connection Problems

I had it too. I wake up at 05:00 and leave for work at 06:20. My connection has been repeatedly dropping for the past few days now at around 05:30-06:00 every morning now. How timely Sad
N/A

Connection Problems

Same thing happening to me ... they say schedule your downloads for overnight, then the connection drops.

At least I know it's not just my line.

I work for a national newspaper as a reporter and, to be honest, if this keeps going on I'm going to have a word with our tech editor about writing a nice expose piece. I'm sure there are plenty of these people on the forum who would have something to say.

I don't even mind the changes too much. What annoys me is the way they are brought in retrospectivly to reflect past behaviour.

If you brought in a law tomorrow to ban smoking, would anyone who has ever smoked in the past be prosecuted? Of course not.

Then they tell you to alter your patterns - ie download overnight - then when you do this the connection drops two nights in a row in any case, despite the fact that in the 16 months I've been with PlusNet the connection has only dropped a handful of times in total daytime or overnight.

There's definitely something fishy going on about the last two nights' disconnects and I want someone from support to come on here and say what's going on - it's not a coincidence or something localised if there are a few of us saying we've been disconnected overnight.
hitachi
Grafter

Connection Problems

Try reading the service status announcements for overnight maintenance.linky
N/A

Connection Problems

So, in other words, you can't actually download anything at a half-decent speed at any time because, even if you try overnight, it will be down for apparent maintenance.
N/A

Connection Problems

This is quite annoying then. I hope it gets done asap.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Connection Problems

We don't often have maintenance, and it's very rare for this sort fo work to affect the speed of the connection you get.