cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Problems

N/A

Connection Problems

Every now and again I will have a problem where by I will loose all HTTP connectivity first of all I thought it was my Wirless or Router but I could still ping the router and also external websites\IP addresses. This would last for approx 30 mins and then all of a sudden it would work again. This has happened on both my desktop and laptop computers. It could happen 5 or 6 times in an evening and then not happen for a week or so or it could happen over a number of days.

Thanks

Jon
3 REPLIES
N/A

Likely Cause?

Sounds like a DNS problem. If you reboot the modem it may pick up a different set of DNS servers (this used to happen to me a lot when I was with BT)
N/A

Re: Likely Cause?

Sounds like a DNS problem. If you reboot the modem it may pick up a different set of DNS servers (this used to happen to me a lot when I was with BT)

is this the case?..... my modem/router is still as configured X years ago and has DNS servers specified. although i just noticed they no longer match the ones on the connection details section on the portal :roll:

should i be auto-detecting?? :shock:
Julie
Grafter

Connection Problems

Hi,
I do not have a router or any personal experience with them so someone more knowledgable should be able to tell you if it is better to set them to auto-detect.

However, for your information the four DNS servers are

sorry I could not be of more help,