cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Problem

Highlighted
N/A

Connection Problem

I ordered Plusnet's broadband package a month or so ago.
On Installation I found that it kept disconnecting every few minutes .... I decided it was the inferior BT Voyager modem .... so I shelled out for a speed-touch modem which sort of solved this problem (it only disconnected every 4-8 hours or so), which was less frustrating Sad
One Sunday the whole thing stopped working and the modem just sat there flashing at me (which was amusing for a while) so I raised a ticket through plusnet's supa-dooper support system. A week or so later they told me a problem at the exchange had been fixed and to re-power my system. I did this and the light on the modem still flashed at me indicating that the problem suprisingly had not been fixed (BTW the flashing light was starting to annoy me some what by this time).
I waited .... and waited .... and waited .... plusnets supa-dooper support system seemed to have stopped working just like my DSL connection.
Suddenly as if by magic last Friday night (before I went out and got hammered) the light stopped flashing and my DSL connection was going like the clappers, I could not beleive how fast it was and I found it really hard to move the mouse around and keep up with the screen, especially after being on dial-up for a couple of weeks. This high speed connection continued to work right through till saturday (I must admit I did pop aout for a few jars with the missus in between).
Sadly all good things must come to an end and by Sunday It had stopped again, rater like plusnets Tesco deli-counter style 'Ticket system' Sad

Any way all the details are there and i've been advised to post it into this forum by the administrators ....... so I have!

I'm told you may be able to help me?
13 REPLIES
N/A

Connection Problem

Hi there,

At the top of this forum there is a self help guide to diagnosing disconnects. The link is here

Go through the guides, especially the ADSL wiring and filters section and ensure all at your end is correct.

If at all possible try a different set of filters (borrow some if you can).

As I said in one of your other posts, this may seem like jumping through hoops, however if you can do these tests yourself it will help Plus Net and in turn BT identify and resolve your issue.

Most of these things must be done before a fault can be progressed.

Post back and let us know how you get on.

We'll not see you stuck.
N/A

Connection Problem

Yes I've done all that weeks ago, it's not a disconnect problem ..... it never connectes in the first place the sync light flashes continuously from power up for ever ...... and ever ...... and ever (except last weekend that is). Dont forget that this connection did work when I first had it, all the wiring and filters are fine, they have been checked / swapped etc!
N/A

Connection Problem

Hi,

It is still a disconnect or synch isssue. It works or worked for a while, disconnects or fails to synch and wont connect again. Its not as if it has been a completly dead line from the off.

If the you are confident that your local setup is correct then you are in the hands of BT. What stage is the ticket at with Plus net and when did you last receive a response from them.
N/A

Connection Problem

Yes, I know it's a DSL line fault (the voice works fine)

7th July - Advise plusnet of fault
11th July - Plusnet pass fault to BT
12th July - BT say fault at exchange has been fixed
13th July - I Advise plusnet the fault has not been fixed and I still cannot connect
15th July - Plusnet reurn fault back to BT

Since then nothing (apart from me pestering plusnet and plusnet saying they are dealing with it)
N/A

Connection Problem

In fairness, and based on that timetable, Plus net are acting normally to get this resolved.

Bearing in mind weekends etc the time frame is normal and better than some.

The back log of faults BT are facing at the moment is quite large. They will get around to looking at this and they will report back to Plus Net. If BT's resolution is not acceptable to you or Plus net they will chase BT again.

Unfortunately that is the vicious circle you are in.

If Plus Net were ignoring you I would understand your earlier anger, but it is clear they are working to resolve this. Identification of these types of faults can take time and sometime depend on the knowledge of the engineer BT send to deal with it.

All you can do at this point is sit back and wait. It maybe worth asking Plus net to adjust your billing date to reflect your time without service.

I hope you get this resolved soon.

keep us posted.
N/A

Connection Problem

The fault that I reported on 7th July has still NOT been resolved. Plus net have NOT sent a BT engineer to my house (which I have requested on several occasions). They still insist on asking me the same questions like microfilters, other telephone equipment etc (this is getting really tedious by the way)
I've asked for a refund for the months that I have not had broadband ... they will not give me anything!

IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING PLUS NET AS AN ISP, FORGET IT .... THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST THAT I HAVE EVER COME ACCROSS ! :x

BE WARNED!
Community Veteran

Connection Problem

and your ticket is where in the system? while plusnet have many faults at the moment, if the ticket has not progressed any further then it is a BT problem. The micro filter checks and master socket stuff are to ensure it is not a problem at your end before passing to BT, if these are not done then BT will refuse to look at the fault. May I suggest that you make sure that it is on your account that this has been done, and if not place it in a ticket. Then next time an agent asks you to do the checks then you politely point out to them that you have already done so as in your tickets.
N/A

Connection Problem

Now I have you teaching me to suck eggs ... as well as plusnet Sad
Community Veteran

Connection Problem

No, did I say to redo the master socket stuff, just make sure PN know you have done it.
N/A

Connection Problem

I've told them that all the checks have been done on more than one occasion, the first time over a month ago.

PlusNet have just phoned me to say that BT have fixed a problem at the exchange. I'm off home @ luch time to see if this is the truth :?: This is the second time i've been told this.
Community Veteran

Connection Problem

I know you've told them but is it on your account i.e. in a ticket raised by you or them that you've told them? Anyway good luck!
N/A

Connection Problem

It's all recorded on the 'contact us ticket system' and has been since I raised it in early July.

I went home and re-powered my equipment ...... and guess what ..... THE FAULT IS STILL THERE (the sych light flashes)

...... so once again WELL DONE PLUS NET, YOU TOLD ME THE FAULT IS FIXED AND IT ISN'T, this is the third time!

Looks like i'm off to raise my ticket.
Community Veteran

Connection Problem

That's what I was getting at, sorry to hear your connection's not fixed.