cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting via dialup 0808 & 0845

N/A

Yesterday (6/12/2003) I found it almost impossible to get a successful connection. I could dialup and authenticate, but would have a dead connection. DNS would fail as would ping/traceroute. basically a dead network connection.

This regularilly happpens after radius upgrade/maintenance. Being familiar with networking, etc, I find it unusual that this work would cause this. Is there any consequential work which would cause this problem?

I also have concerns regarding your actual contention ratio. I suspect that it is MUCH higher than you claim in your contract/terms. I regularilly get *number unavailable* when using the 0808 number.
1 REPLY
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

Problems with data transfer on 0808 are not normally an ISP issue. We would need to diagnose this problem much more deeply though when it occurs. How / when does the issue normally recitfy itself?

With regard to 0808 availability, I wonder what product you have? According to the reporting we have access to, the system is running exceptionally well at the moment - If you can give me your dialup number and a precise time and date of a problem then I can check all of the availability on our side, network wide....

Regards,

Ian