cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting on 0808

N/A

Connecting on 0808

Hello ive tried to connect today at around 4 pm and all i get is the service cannot be connected it has taken quite a few attempts to connect i onley used to get this in peak times but now i experience it in the day thanks in advance Paul Wike
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connecting on 0808

> Hello ive tried to connect today at around 4 pm and all i get is the service cannot be connected it has taken quite a few attempts to connect i onley used to get this in peak times but now i experience it in the day thanks in advance Paul Wike

Good afternoon,

Thankyou for your feedback regarding this. Be assured we are continuing to monitor the situation following the recent capacity upgrade to the FRIACO service.

Regards,
Rob

| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

> > Hello ive tried to connect today at around 4 pm and all i get is the service cannot be connected it has taken quite a few attempts to connect i onley used to get this in peak times but now i experience it in the day thanks in advance Paul Wike
>
> Good afternoon,
>
> Thankyou for your feedback regarding this. Be assured we are continuing to monitor the situation following the recent capacity upgrade to the FRIACO service.
>
> Regards,
> Rob
>

I'm getting the same - all green lights in service status but as soon as 4pm gets here its a hells own job to connect and when I finally do log-on the connection rate is 9.6kbps.
Really folks we dont want it monitored - we want it sorted!.
Routefinder
Grafter

> > > Hello ive tried to connect today at around 4 pm and all i get is the service cannot be connected it has taken quite a few attempts to connect i onley used to get this in peak times but now i experience it in the day thanks in advance Paul Wike
> >
> > Good afternoon,
> >
> > Thankyou for your feedback regarding this. Be assured we are continuing to monitor the situation following the recent capacity upgrade to the FRIACO service.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Rob
> >
>
>

I second the sentiment.

If there is trouble with the FRIACO platform now using dial-in what sort of service will be assured for the FRIACO 128k when it arrives?

Perhaps the capicity upgrade was insuffient, a bit like the M25 widening wonderful concept but soon bottlenecked.

Most customer will accept the occassional connection difficulty but the current situation verges on the unacceptable!

Just my slightly irriated tuppence worth.

Incidently, Plusnet where are the portal servers cos they don't page load slowly most if not all the time?
N/A

Good Morning,

We have just recently made an announcement (FRIACO Platform Upgrade) on this issue, I have included the link for your convenience:

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=21

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Still getting recorded messages when trying to connect @ around 21:30 from 01453 area (on 0808 9933000).
after several attempts managed to get on and once connected seems to be OK.

hope this help with your "constant monitoring"

Steve