Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect 128K ISDN service coming?

Routefinder
Grafter

Connect 128K ISDN service coming?

Hi

I see that you are now running a pole on this service of the front page.

Does this mean that you will be posting and offering it's availablility soon?

Are you able to say yet when it it will be on offer?

Though you are offering it as a bonded line service i.e. 128K will it be possible to use it as 64K when the need for speed is lower? Or does the the "fact" that it is planned as a FRIACO type connection mean that it will be only 128K but offered at a comparable price to ADSL? But please bear in mind that getting an ISDN line from BT is still quiet expensive!

Please do whet our appetites for this exciting new product as soon as possible Smiley~
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connect 128K ISDN service coming?

Just to tag a note onto the end of this, I hope the author doesn't mind?
Could you run a poll to find out what people would be willing to pay for the 128k service?

As it's been mentioned above BT already charge far too much for an ISDN service and when you add a 64k connection service on that you are already paying far more than you would for an ADSL service. Sad

Example: I've noticed another ISP charging £29.99 for 128K ISDN service, twice as much as the 64k service! By the time you've added on the charge to BT your paying something like £59.98, ok we can take off £10 you would pay for line rental anyway so it's more like £49.98 for an inferior service to ADSL which is more like £22.99. Sad

Sorry for ranting on but I hope you'll take pitty on us people that can't get ADSL and offer a sensable price for this service. Smiley

Chris

N/A

Hi LHB,

> Are you able to say yet when it it will be on offer?

Unfortunately, I am unable to give an eta at the current time other than to say that we will be providing the service as soon as possible. This is dependent on the relevant hardware being in place, though we are making progress with this and will be making an announcement soon.

> Though you are offering it as a bonded line service i.e. 128K will it be possible to use it as 64K when the need for speed is lower?

It is likely that there will be two products; one offering the full 128k possible and the other (as currently in place) offering single channel ISDN access. Prices for the service are yet to be decided, as is the actual product spec. so please don't take this as gospel!

Best Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
N/A

Hi Chris,

As explained above, the pricing structure and indeed the product spec. are still under development. We are well aware of the costs involved in setting up an ISDN connection and our prices will be set with a view to providing excellent value to our customers.

Apologies I am unable to give you any further information at this time.

Regards,
Mark.

--

N/A

Has anybody investigated the possibilities of idsl, which is dsl over isdn with
upto 144kps downstream.

> Hi LHB,
>
> > Are you able to say yet when it it will be on offer?
>
> Unfortunately, I am unable to give an eta at the current time other than to say that we will be providing the service as soon as possible. This is dependent on the relevant hardware being in place, though we are making progress with this and will be making an announcement soon.
>
> > Though you are offering it as a bonded line service i.e. 128K will it be possible to use it as 64K when the need for speed is lower?
>
> It is likely that there will be two products; one offering the full 128k possible and the other (as currently in place) offering single channel ISDN access. Prices for the service are yet to be decided, as is the actual product spec. so please don't take this as gospel!
>
> Best Regards,
> Mark.
>
> --
> | Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+

wandelaar
Grafter

Hi Mark,

Please,please in the product spec make it so that we can use 64K / 128K as a user option. I currently connect via 64K ISDN and use my 'second phone line number' so that I can be contacted by work when I am on standby 1 week in 3. The thought of 128K is magic for the weeeks I am not on standby. My exchange is not ADSL enabled and probably will not be in the forseeable future according to BT. I would very much prefer to stay on ISDN as calls from work at 3am currently do not wake the rest of the family due to cunning location of phones here.

Keep up the good work as I find apart from the odd connection issue (DNS related) +net are the biz.

> Hi Chris,
>
> As explained above, the pricing structure and indeed the product spec. are still under development. We are well aware of the costs involved in setting up an ISDN connection and our prices will be set with a view to providing excellent value to our customers.
>
> Apologies I am unable to give you any further information at this time.
>
> Regards,
> Mark.
>
> --
> | Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
>
>

N/A

Hi Steven,

Thanks for pointing this out. As far as I am aware, this is not on our agenda but I will make enquiries.

Best Regards,
Mark.

--
N/A

If I might add to this thread - a 64/128k multilinking service is a must for me - we also use the other line for inbound telephone and whilst we are prepared to lose it while doing larger uploads/downloads, it would be bad news if we had to have both lines up at once to use the service at all.
--
N/A

> If I might add to this thread - a 64/128k multilinking service is a must for me - we also use the other line for inbound telephone and whilst we are prepared to lose it while doing larger uploads/downloads, it would be bad news if we had to have both lines up at once to use the service at all.
>
> --
>

I was told in the past that to get 128k service another phone number had to be used on the (same) line not by using both lines. To use both lines you would need either a special modem ?? or cable ??

For example if you are using your one digital line to connect .... 0808...... + 0808...... whatever then in your properties you set your modem to use both connections at same time. You are then dialing both numbers then you should be connected at 128k ?? That way you still have your extra Digital line and also your ordinary line.

To give my 2peneth, Its not worth the extra cost just to upload or d/load at only a fraction faster than 64k. It might look good on BT`s demo showing the benefits of upgrading from 56k to Isdn or broadband but spending a fortune on having ISDN then more cost for ISP then ANOTHER cost for having another number to dial to get 128k. But in saying this who knows they might cut the cost LOL FAT CHANCE >:O
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Simple suggestion: Anyone on a connect has the OPTION to use 128k bonded when needed. All the time they are using it, it counts as double time.

I am currently on Connect Lite. I would consider moving to Connect standard on the above basis.

I can unequivocally state that I would not pay for a service which is 128K only as I would have to have a another line installed for telephone calls - that would be a ridiculous cost.

John
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)