cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion over payments

N/A

Confusion over payments

I use about 3gb a month of bandwidth, so I thought the PAYG with an extra 2gb slapped on top would be the best package for me. Ordered it, and once the line became active (I've migrated), I slapped the extra 2gb on to give me the 3gb account I wanted.

I thought this would cost me £16.99, but on viewing the resulting invoice I see the following:

1 3GB Included Data Transfer Charge From 08/08/2005 £1.70 £0.30 £2.00
1 Include Data Transfer Upgrade Charge On 08/08/2005 £1.70 £0.30 £2.00

Where did the second line come from? I can't remember reading anything about that, and it's not mentioned when I go over to increase the available bandwidth (either before, or afterwards when it confirms your new monthly payments).

If I had known about the £2 charge for changing the amount of bandwidth, I would have instead opted for the slightly more expensive £1.25 option, as I'll be moving house within 8 months anyway, so may need a different ISP (unless that gets the same treatment at the end of the month?).

So, can anyone explain this extra charge - is it a standard £2 regardless, or a percentage, or...?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Confusion over payments

i have PAYG 2Mb with 1Gb included and use anything from additional 1Gb up to currently 3Gb I have varied the amount of bandwith and am not aware nor have I been charged any fee for changing bandwith. I think you need to talk to CS and get them to explain what the additional charges are all about.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Confusion over payments

Hi,

I should be able to explain that.

Your first payment was £14.99 - subscription including 1GB.

You then added on the extra 2GB, this costs £2, but because we don't charge for it immediately it gets added on to you second month's subscription payment.

So month 2 is £18.99, which is £14.99 for you subscription plus 1GB, £2 for that months extra 2GB and £2 for the first months extra 2GB.

If you don't make any changes or go over your 3GB this month then your next payment will be £16.99.
LiamM
Grafter

Confusion over payments

That's handy to know. Didn't know that one.
N/A

Confusion over payments

Hmmm, normally that would make sense, but in my case, it doesn't seem to add up.

This is my 2nd day with PlusNet (my first succesfull connection was about 10am yesterday), so it seems I'm being charged for a month that I've not had.

Looking at my transaction history, I see that my first payment was £14.99 for a line regrade fee, as I migrated from 512K connection to the 2mb connection on PlusNet.

The second payment was for £18.99 for first months payment.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Confusion over payments

Indeed, let me look into this further.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Confusion over payments

I think I've find out why it's done it, I've updated your ticket and passed it on to the developers to look into, once they've sorted it we'll be able to credit you.
N/A

Confusion over payments

Thanks for diagnosing and sorting the issue out in a prompt manner.