cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused!!!

N/A

Confused!!!

I thought I had an Up to 8meg service, but when I've been poking around I realise that I always sync at 1152kbps
Does that mean I am really on a fixed line service?

If so, how can I tell if I would benefit from being on the 'up to 8' service and how would I go about getting it changed?

My exchange is 'Pembury'

Sorry for lots of questions, but I am a little confused.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Confused!!!

Hi there,

You were on a fixed rate 1mbps service, but you should be on Max come tomorrow morning.

You should benefit, and you won't need to do anything to get in activated as I have just placed the order.
N/A

Confused!!!

WOW .. Fantastic. What service!!!

Thanks very much.
N/A

Confused!!!

I got up this morning and my router is synchronising at 8148/448 which is absolutely incredible... and to think I was stuck on 1 meg fixed. :lol:

Performance wise though a speedtest is saying I am getting 1.4mbps and I notice that in the 'My Stable Rate' section it still says "Your current broadband speed is 2000 Kbps"

Will that be holding me back?

Will this disconnecting/reconnecting over 3 days raise this?

Thanks
James
Grafter

Confused!!!

You should notice a change in the next half hour. Try rebooting your router after that - the stable rate should increase (a lot).
N/A

Confused!!!

OK, so my stable rate now shows as 8000kbps (thanks for this) and I still sync at 8124. However, I cannot get a speed test to go beyond about 1.9mbps.

I have been reading on DSL Zone that I could have a "stuck BRAS Profile"

I have no idea what this means or what it is, but is it possible?

Thanks