Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

fraval
Grafter

Confused

Hi All
Im on BB+,my last billing date was 29/4/06,in which i was updated to the 8meg,my speeds are still between 500to 1800 kbps.Have i got to unplug my router for a while to get up to 8 meg?,i was told to leave it for 10 days on a email from + net.
many thanks for any replies

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All title cap reduced to lower case. See the Link:rules
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Confused

You need to wait the full 10 days (actually 12 due to BT delays) after which things should settle down at the higher speeds. Before that speeds will be erratic while your most stable speed is determined by the exchange.
Azagoth
Grafter

Confused

Just how does someone who joined after me get upgraded before I do? There's a slight unfair odour about these upgrades!
N/A

Confused

Hi I think it depends on where you live and how many in your area are getting upgraded, might be wrong but just a guess. :?:
fraval
Grafter

Azagoth

Azagoth
I obviously bunged the mods and staff more than u did,but more in there xmas box as well
dmhome
Grafter

Confused

I also would like to know how people who joined in 2005 are being upgrade first.I remember reading amongst all the bumph sent out by Plusnet that customers longest with the company would be upgraded first!!. I have again been told it will be a couple of months more before I get upgraded, thats apparently if I am not hit by LLU before that.
N/A

Confused

i've still not been upgraded and look when i joined !
dmhome
Grafter

Confused

Tracer, compared to you I am only a youngster.
Community Veteran

Confused

No one can really answer the Q as to what criteria was used to determin who gets upgraded first because it tended to change on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis over the past month or so. We have had many and long discssions on various boards about this and within PUG and we are all (including PN) somewhat confused as to how it is/was working. Added to that the Q-jump system that was added and BTs restrictions on the number or orders PN could place on a priority basis and how many on a secondary basis (those upgrade slots not used by other ISPs) the whole system just got too complex in the end for any single/easy method to imploy.

Even now I'm not sure what is beng used to decide who gets upgraded and who doesn't.
N/A

Confused

i've still not been upgraded and look when i joined !

Might be worth mentioning it to a CS rep in here or via a ticket:I did and was informed that my account had been overlooked as it was a legacy account (not sure what difference it made)....... but a few days later I was upgraded.
Community Veteran

Confused

Im getting very dispondant about all these "youngsters" being upraded before us really old timers. Sad

Perhaps they think us oldies cant handle 8 megs Tongue
shellsong
Grafter

Confused

Let's start the "Grumpy Old Timers" thread! :twisted:
N/A

"Grumpy Old Timers"

I'll go along with the grumpy old timers statement, I've been with +Net since Jan 2002 , Moved house in December 2005 and was down graded from 2mb to 1mb raised a ticket and the reply was as follows.

The reason your connection speed is lower this is a factor of the distance you are form your local exchange and the signal to noise ratio on your line, as you may be aware we are currently upgrading all accounts to support the new up to 8mb speeds, and your account will be processed within the bulk upgrade, we will inform you once your account has been upgraded, please accept our apologies for any delay that you may have experienced unfortunately this situation is beyond our control as we were only able to place the amount of orders that BT stated within the first month of the max product becoming live.

As for the distance to the exchange the new house is closer and has a newer line installed, glad I'm not holding my breath for the 8mb service.
N/A

Confused

Can't really describe myself as an old timer! But I am grumpy - every referred account I set up AFTER my own, has been upgraded, mine - still pish.

Double Grumpy, youngish/middle timer club chairman!
Mand
Grafter

Confused

Hi

Have all you guys submitted Queue Jump requests?