cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

N/A

Confused

Hi,

I am a business user on ADSL NetStart Self-Install - £32.89 per month. According to the BT wholesale site, I should be getting up to 2Mb line speed. In addition, the PN exchange status says the DSLAM should be upgraded in May. A near neighbour had his PN connection upgraded at the end of May. However, my modem refuses to synch at anything more than 576 Kbps. Is there something wrong, or is there anything else I should be doing?

Rob
13 REPLIES
N/A

Confused

Hi there,

Unfortunately we business users are not yet part of the free upgrade programme..

Plus Net are due to announce some allegedly great changes to the current business offerings to include improved pricing and the addition of the free speed upgrades.

There is also the problem where BT have not yet upgraded all dslams in exchanges as per the published schedule. They are running well behind. The BTw says what your line should be capable of running, not necessarily what you should be provided at.

The changes to the business product set are due 1st August. keep an eye on your emails and the portal for further info.
N/A

Confused

keep an eye on your emails
but only if they are going to charge you more, they are unlikely to contact you if a product is invented which saves you money.[/code]
N/A

Confused

Thanks for the reply,

I got this answer to a ticket some time ago when I accidently raised an upgarde request:

"Actioned : Dear Mr Slade,
I have closed the unwanted request for you. Also yes you will be upgraded as soon as BT have done your exchange free of charge.

Regards,
link:CSA Removed "

Which clearly shows that I should automatically get an upgarde as soon as the exchange is upgraded.

Rob

[Moderators Note by csogilvie: Please do not post the names of Customer Support agents in the forum]
N/A

Confused

If it happens prior to the 1st August you will be the only one. Wink
N/A

Confused

Yeah, and it makes even more of a mokery of the pricing for business customers.
esp those who are paying £75 per month for their 2Mbs connection.....
Wonder whether I'll get a message telling me I could save 40 quid a month?
Or will they put your price up to £75?
N/A

Confused

There is an easy answer to that - move to BT it is cheaper. If PN don't get themsleves sorted ot soon. That may be the only option.

Rob
N/A

Confused

I've raised a ticket to query this. Still no responce 9 hours later!

Rob
N/A

Confused

Wonder whether I'll get a message telling me I could save 40 quid a month?

You tell us in another thread you opted out of info, so no for that and no they are unlikely to tell anyone.
N/A

Confused

Got a "waiting for BT to inform us that your line has been upgraded" answer. after 21 hours. Pointed out that my neigbor who is with plus net and on the same DSLAM has been upgraded. Question is has Plus net put in for the upgrade?

Rob
Community Veteran

Confused

Its possible in your case that they havbe missed it, its also possible that your line might not be able to support an upgrade or perhaps BT never finished upgrading everyone on that Dslam.

Chris
N/A

Confused

Hi likely,

Unless somthing has changed in the last few days, you are a Netstart User and irrespective of whether BT upgrade your line or not you will remain on 512. We business users do no benefit yet, from the speed upgrades.

Make sure the CSC are aware of your product when you speak with them.

There may be a bit of confusion here.
N/A

Confused

You tell us in another thread you opted out of info, so no for that and no they are unlikely to tell anyone.

Only opted out on my home account, not on the business ones. Wink
N/A

Confused

I have now got a further reply from CS:

BT are currently upgrading individual line and they will let us know when your line will be upgraded. At that point we will send you an email to confirm.

Looking on the bright side, it looks like I may get the upgrade promised, but.....

Rob