cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with BT order tracking entries

N/A

I just checked the order tracker on the BT website and noticed I had the following landline orders:

Description: CEASE
ITEMSadADSL) BT IPSTREAM HOME 2000
QUANTITY: 1
COST: £0.00
RENTAL: £0.00

and another:
Description: PROVIDE
ITEM: BULK LLU LINE SHARE PSTN
QUANTITY: 1
COST: £0.00
RENTAL: £0.00

Is this anything to do with MaxDSL, or does the LLU bit mean I will be moved over to Tiscali's LLU service you are now providing?

I haven't had a ticket or email from PlusNet, so this was a bit of a shock when I checked Smiley
129 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Yes, that appears to be an order in place to move your connection over to LLU, which means that if we've done it then you're being moved over to a Tiscali connection.

We are in the process of moving the first batch of customers accross, so you should be receiving an email from us shortly to advise you of what's happening.
N/A

Shouldn't customers ideally get 14/28/30 days notice of this change in their account, just incase they were wishing to cease/migrate anyway? Could that user now place a migration or cease themselves whilst that order is there, or would BTW come back and say "ah but you can't, there's already an order on the line!"?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

As the OP doesn't seem to have been aware that he was being moved over to LLU can PlusNet advise whether the user has a choice as to whether they are moved to LLU.
Secondly after the move to LLU what happens if the user wants to migrate. Does this require a cease and reprovide to go back to BT
N/A

I was bit frustrated with not hearing from PlusNet about this change.

My first thought was "what this?!! I didn't order that!", and not seeing a ticket on PlusNet I very nearly cancelled the order (I did raise a ticket about this yesterday, but as yet there's been no reply to it)

Any idea if this will be ADSL2 or normal ADSL, just so I know if I have to invest in a new router or not

cheers.

Steve.
JonathanW
Grafter

I don't think the BT system would allow a fresh order to be placed whilst the LLU migration order is in the system, in the same way that you can't migrate if there's an open order to either regrade your line or cease it.

As for what actually happens, currently customers are unable to opt out of the migration over to LLU, and this is something that has been discussed in detail shortly after the announcement that we were going to go ahead with the Tiscali partnership. Simiarly, there isn't currently a migration path to move back from LLU to IPStream, but this is something that we're pushing for with both Tiscali and BTW.
N/A

So how does the OP (his username ends up coming up as censored :roll: ) migrate away to another provider if he was thinking about doing so, now that he can't get an order placed to do so because you've got in there first, and once he's moved over he'd not be able to get back to IPStream anyway? And all of this without him knowing that it was even going to happen.

That's a bit scary. Infact, very scary.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

So basically PlusNet are moving users over to a product, without an option or even any notice, from which any transfer to another ISP will require the customer to wait for PlusNet/LLU supplier to clear the line and then he has to pay for a reprovide.
Where in the T&C is this allowed.
N/A

Glad there's no sign of LLU at my exchange, I would be most unhappy if I was moved without any notice................

I thought PlusNet were laerning from there lack of info mistakes, seems not Sad
N/A

Doubt if with the current management based on current performance PN could learn anything.

As hotlane said how can PN move somebody to an LLU product - possibly against their wishes - when there is no way (other than cancelling and paying a reprovide fee) of moving to another (non-LLU) ISP.

This sounds to me to be very bad customer relationship management and potentially of dubious legal standing. It is also another good reason to leave PN.
N/A

So, If i was to change providers - I wouldnt be able to take advantage of free migrations, etc. 'cos I'll be on a LLU jobbie?
N/A

I would be willing to bet the farm that currently to move back from LLU to a BT ADSL provider you'll be the one forking out.

Being cynical it could look to those who like conspiracy theories that PN have found a cunning way of ensuring that atleast a certain number of their customers will be locked into staying with them.
N/A

How on earth can PlusNet just move you to another LLU provider without your consent and then say there's no way back to another non LLU provider without a cease, with all the costs that involves

Will PlusNet be prepared to pick up the tab if users are not happy with the service from Tiscali??

Seems PlusNet don't give a dam anymore, did'nt they say they were learning and would'nt make the same mistakes again re keeping customers informed

As I said I'm glad there's no LLU at my exchange ........
N/A

Yerp, that's it shah, you're being moved without any notice and you can no longer migrate to another ISP (LLU or not) without extra cost and downtime.

This has, as Jon, been discussed before and many of us pointed out that it would cause problems and annoyed customers. Here's the first.

Well done PlusNet, if you're lucky the OP will stay out of the inconvenience that it will take to migrate. If you're unlucky they'll be stories about this all over the net. I hate to say it but the only way people can be sure of not getting caught in this trap is to request your MAC now and migrate before you're stuck in a position wihich no MAC will get you out of.
JonathanW
Grafter

We're aware that this could potentially cause issues for some people, however the trials that we've already run provided us with positive feedback which is why we decided to go ahead with the larger scale migrations.

BT are working on a system to allow migrations between LLU and IPStream, but this isn't yet available, but as soon as BT do have something available then we will make it avaialble to those customers who've been moved over onto LLU.