cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused on what i'm allowed to download p/month

N/A

What with all the changes to the fair usage thing, i'm a tad bit confused. Last thing I knew we were allowed to download 30gb a month peak time (4pm-12am), but that seems to have changed.

Can somebody clear up what the 'peak times' are, and what I can download during those hours, and what I can download not during those hours. And what happens when I go over them..

Thanks!
13 REPLIES
N/A

N/A

So seeing as im on option 1, after i go over 10gb between 4pm - 12am a month I get capped to 256k in P2P?

Damn thats rubbish. Hopefully i'll be moving out soon - it'll be nice to see the back of PN :lol:
Discostoo
Grafter

but really you have 85GB to play with from 12am to 4pm, just schedule your downloads for those times. Use a virus scanner to switch your machine off when you're in work. Thems the rules right now, but if you are leaving, where will you be going out of curiosity?
N/A

I'm at my parents at the moment, but judging some things go as planned i'll be moving into my girlfriends soon. We're getting bulldog because it's only £21 a month and thats including unlimited 2mbit, and line rental. At the moment BT line rental is around £35 and she's paying £29 for 1mbit wanadoo (30gb limit) :shock:
I'd do that here but that bulldog option isn't available at thishouse Sad
N/A

Can someone please clarify something...

Which fact is correct....

The 10GB a month limit applies to:

A) Everything

B) Just P2P?

Because according to my usage, i've used around 9.80gb in total this month, but only 3.8gb of that is P2P. A majority of it is 'other' and god knows what that is because I've hardly been home this month to use the internet.

I don't think the usage meter works properly... :roll:
N/A

The 10GB/month applies to everything!
N/A

The 10GB/month applies to everything!

Damn that is terrible. I almost feel ashamed to be funding Plusnet for this service.

So let me get this straight, i'm on a highspeed 2MBIT connection capable of downloading 1GB in the space of under 2 hours, yet in the whole 248 peak hours of the month i'm supposed to keep it under a measly 10GB?
In this day and age where trailers/movies are streamable from a webpage, i.e. apple/google video, keeping under that limit is next to impossible.

And for those who say 'just upgrade if you're going to moan!', you know what, thats a load of bull****, for that price I could go elsewhere and have unlimited, instead of what? That laughable 15GB a month. Wow, thats impressive!!
:twisted: Evil Evil Evil Evil
JonathanW
Grafter

That's not quite the case. Whilst yes, it's true that we'd prefer you keep your usage under 10GB durng the peak period, you can use more than this, its just that anything over 15GB will get progressively slower as your peak usage increases.
N/A

But the website states that once it goes over 10GB peer-2-peer is capped at 256KBS. If this is the case then i've got to try not downloading 250mb in the next 6 days HA HA HA HA!!! :lol:

The funny thing is i've only been home to use the internet for around 7 days of this billing month, yet i've nearly gone over the limit :?
N/A

I'm also confused by this as it states 10GB on the websitr but I have seen 15GB stated a few times on the forum, can anyone clarify?
N/A

Once your monthly download amounts to 10GB, then they will start to throttle p2p. The 10GB threshold is based on any type of traffic. Once you reach 15GB then other limits are then applied - good init Cry
N/A

OH NO NOT BULLDOG!!!

Youve obviously not googled for reviewsHuh?
N/A

To be quite frank, my girlfriend is a student and the three other people moving in soon are all girls, so they probably don't even know what peer 2 peer means, and 'gaming pings' would be like a foreign language.
They also put £50 into your account if you are referred by somebody too...

At the moment she's paying around £35 for BT line rental, and £29 for wanadoo (30gb a month limit/1mbit :lolSmiley, so for it all in one £21 p/month with a £1 setup fee package she can't get any better for value in my opinion!

I was thinking about referring her to Plusnet, but after these recent pathetic changes, and how misleading the site is (this was even the case when I signed up around 8 months ago), where it states 'unlimited'...she has more chance of me referring her to Gayserve. :!: