cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about what I am allowed for Peak usage

clatz
Grafter

Today I was switched to "PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1" but I am really not clear what I get for that. I have found contradictory information on the +Net web about what peak time usage I get.

Now, to top it all, I get an e-mail warning me that I have used 2.9Gb of peak usage and that I am only allowed 4.5Gb a month and that once I exceed 3Gb usage I will suffer restrictions. Surely that can't be correct, it seems draconian?? (I only use a total of under 8Gb each month anyway)

(because my billing date is the 5th, I had to wait an extra month to get switched, because of last months muck up,. Now I wish I was back on the old product!)
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'll have a look into why you were sent that email as it sounds like a Broadband Plus email rather than Premier.

On Premier the peak time usage is designed around an allowance of 15GB. The first 10GB is at up to line speed and between 10 and 15GB it steps down in speed the more the use with P2P/Usenet/FTP blocked at 15GB and everything else running at up to 512kbps.

Take a look at

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml
clatz
Grafter

Thanks Dave,
I guessed it probably wasn't right. I have raised a ticket for it, number 19317730

(I would always be well within the first 10Gb)

Cheers,
Keith
N/A

Exactly the same thing here.

I've raised a ticket.