cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about the email i recieved

N/A

I recieved this, this morning
Great news! We're attempting to upgrade the speed of your broadband service to 2Mb for free, at no extra cost per month.

The upgrade will be made between 2006-03-02 - 2006-03-09 and you don't need to do a thing!

A series of tests will then be made on your line. If your line proves unable to support 2Mb, you will get the fastest speed your line can support, either 1Mb or 512k.

You will be emailed once the work is complete to notify you of your new speed.

Now im already on a 2MB Premier line, so what will i get upgraded to? Or will i not get upgraded? /me feels confused.

Many thanks, Jason.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Only two possible explanations I can think of.

• Its gone out in error

• Its meant to read up to 8 Mb

To see if its the latter, enter your phone number here and see if a date is mentioned for the upgrade of your Exchange to DSLMax.
Community Veteran

This relates to the mop-up of the free 2Mbs upgrades and some people have received them even though they are actually on 2Mbs. It has nothng to do with the MaxDSL changes.

Just ignore it.
N/A

Wish I get one :p

I stuck at 1Mbps lol, can't even get it regraded by paying because with MaxDSL due it would be too much money for short time.
lank111
Grafter

i'm on 1Mbit too! its OK as i sometimes get speeds of 1.5Mbit and 2mbit while downloading, i know this is techniclly impossable but its happened! jus my line is the bottleneck!

is there anything i can do to help the 'rambo' tests work beter, like
removed everything but filter phone and modem from my line? or just unplug everything!
N/A

Doh, it got me all excited, i thought hmm typo, and Wayhey ill get 8MB!, but my exchange is being done on the 31st according to the checker Sad
lank111
Grafter

cough cough 31st, it says that with most exchange's so its just upto BT keepin their word! LOL ye rite!
N/A

Isn't the 31st exchanges just ones where they dont actually have a date set yet?

More a case of "we have to write SOME date in the box...."
JonathanW
Grafter

Yes, the 31st is the date given for excahnges where there is no confirmed date, though they still hope to have as many of them done by the end of the month as possible.
N/A

Yes, the 31st is the date given for excahnges where there is no confirmed date, though they still hope to have as many of them done by the end of the month as possible.

but then again it is BT so dont blother holding your breath or anything Cheesy