cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about new cap limit

N/A

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit confused about the new cap that was put on yesterday, just wondering how I can monitor my bandwidth usage because plus net has started this in the middle of my month, so I have already downloaded more than their 50GB limit for this month, since I have another 6 days to go.

Does this mean because I have downloaded more than this in my previous month that I will be put on the contention thing.

Or does it mean I will have to go through each of the days starting from the 4th to the 15th day from that and then add up how much I downloaded in that time to make sure I do not hit the 50GB or 100GB limit?? month limit. Which sounds like a bit of a pain too me.

Also is their anyway I can see how much I downloaded in the peek times, so I can see for myself how much I download at these times, so I can better manage how I download stuff.

Thanks
4 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

The limit being used for those that got the emails was > 150GB at peak time, over the last 3 calendar months.

The %0.1 of customers that were emailed were asked to keep their usage below 50GB over the next 14 days (just in case anyone is confused - that would be 100GB a month - something many people are neglecting to mention) but I would expect if you use < 150GB at peak times you would be fine...
N/A

Mmhh IC, so if I was download 80GB say in the middle of the night and 20GB at peek time it would probably be ok, but it I were to download 100GB all at peek time, than that's a big no no.
N/A

Hi there,

The Comms team have stated that if you regularly download less than 100gb per month with the majority of your downloads occuring during off peak hours you will not cause a problem.

Hope that helps.
painswck
Grafter

Although they keep changing their minds as to whether there is off peak time, and if there is one when it is!