cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about my monthly download allowance

N/A

Hi this is the first time I have ever gone past 11GB on my monthly peak time download limit which I though is 20GB.

2 or 3 days ago I got an email saying I have gone past 11GB and if I go over 13GB my speed will be cut.

this is part of the email

Your peak-time usage for this billing month just exceeded 11GB.

Although this is not more than your allowance, we wanted to make you aware
of light restrictions to your connection speeds that come into force should
you reach 13GB. These restrictions help you to stay within your allowance,
and ensure that all customers receive the best possible quality of
service.

Thing is I can't see why I would be restricted when I have only got a couple of days togo till my next months allowance which I would more than likely not exceed, I cant see me using 8GB in one night of peak time.

I would understand getting a restriction if I was only half way through the month but it seems silly when its the last coupe of days of it, I dont have any problems with any of this really was more curious than anything to why this is done in this way.

Thanks so if some of it was repeated
16 REPLIES
N/A

I've been saying for some time that the time left in the billing month should be considered when restrictions are applied (and that in itself should be no earlier than 15GB) for precisely this reason.

Thankfully BBYW products don't include any management levels before you reach your product allowance, but do of course have longer peak times.

I sincerely doubt that any product changes will be made now as Premier Option 1 is now a legacy product so, if your usage pattern means you're not likely to use more than 20GB between 0800-0000hrs, I'd suggest moving to BBYW Option 3.
N/A

Thanks for the reply.

I've never looked at peak times as i've never thought I would ever get to a point where I would have to worry.
Are the peak times 4pm till midnight everyday for premier option 1 and 8 am till midnight everyday for the BBYW ?

For some reason I thought the peak times were different over the weekend but my friend told me they were the same.
N/A

Same hours over weekend. I asked Ian about this at the Open Day (some ISP's do have off peak all weekend) but apparently Sunday is their busiest day so it doesn't make sense to change the paid-for hours.

TBH I'd expect 0800-1600 on Saturday and Sunday to be the only times when the reduced off-peak times will have a negative impact (as well as school holidays for those with kids) on paid for usage for most customers.
N/A

Not forgetting wet bank holidays like the one on the 8th May I suppose.
N/A

Just looked at my peak and of peak usage peak is 11.8GB and off peak is 10.86GB you think its better for me to stay with what im on or change.I dont work friday afternoons so I have extra time then to use my bb.

Although saying that I dont see me using this much that often anyways ahhh it seems like such a hard choice to make Tongue

Thanks for you input Cheesy
N/A

I've had exactly the same email,with only 7 day's to new billing period...if my speed get's cut, I'm off I've paid for 20GB peak uage not 13GB Sad
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

You can use 20GB on premier, however as per the product page Link restrictions will apply from 13GB.

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): URL tag fixed.]
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

that link can no longer be found!
Community Veteran

Try again, I have just fixed the URL tags for Chris.

Chilly
hamsandwich
Grafter

Does this download allowance include an amount for spam email, through no fault of our own?
N/A

thanks chilly.....I'd better behave until sunday at least...lol
N/A

Does this download allowance include an amount for spam email, through no fault of our own?

If you're using a mail client on your PC, then it will- you're downloading them to read them.
Fixes: 116

Slightly off-topic but I was wondering...

Who would be considered the heavier user:

A Premiere option 3 user who regularly uses 39GB peak-time and less than 20GB off-peak or a Premiere 1 user who regularly uses less than 10GB peak but over 150GB off?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

hamsandwich
Grafter

If you're using a mail client on your PC, then it will- you're downloading them to read them.

Yes. And it shouldn't be. This isn't our fault.