cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused - VERY!

wolfcub
Dabbler

Confused - VERY!

I'm paying £27.99 per month for a 512 BB connection.
If I understood correctly all the stuff we were told a few months ago - something should have changed by now. I see the highest monthly charge is 21.99 for 8 meg at the moment.

Can you advise me what is happening and what my best plan would be, am I the only one paying this monthly charge?
22 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Confused - VERY!

It sounds like you may have an older package which is charged at a higher rate.

You may be able to move to one of the new packages, please visit the "Upgrade" area of the portal for more information.
wolfcub
Dabbler

Confused - VERY!

Would I be moving for free?

If I remember correctly when all the changes were announced it was a case of sitting tight and then we got upgraded lines and monthly adjustments as became necessary? All that seems quite a long time ago now.
slev
Grafter

Confused - VERY!

Hi

What account are you currently on ?

You should be able to make 1 downgrade free of charge to the £21.99 upto 2mbps account.

Your line should be upgraded free to the highest it can take at the moment upto 2 mbps over the next few weeks / months , if you don't want to wait you can pay for your line to be re-graded for a fee of £14.99 this will only take a few days to complete.

Have a look at the link below to see if / when your exchange will be upgraded.

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

When the 4 / 8 mb accounts become available ( BT Trials Over ) you can then upgrade to these for a small fee ( £14.99 ) but if you remain on the package you are on now then you will be one of the first to be upgraded upto 8 mbps if your line supports this.

Kind Regards

Ian
wolfcub
Dabbler

Confused - VERY!

I'm on the Broadband Easystart original package.

The link to user tool thing didn't give me any information about my line speed possibilities.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Confused - VERY!

As the EasyStart package was a special offer unfortunately you won't be able to downgrade free of charge.

Even with the downgrade charge considered you would save money if you downgrade the account to one of the new packages.
wolfcub
Dabbler

Confused - VERY!

hmmmm....that's not very nice! Is there also a charge for doing it mid-contract? seeing as I've been with F9 since the beginning of F9...
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Confused - VERY!

No, there's only a charge for the downgrade.
N/A

Confused - VERY!

Hi, i'm currently on Force9 Broadband Home Premier 1Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem) - Original - original £29p/m. I rang up about a month ago to ask roughly the same question. I was told that i'll be amongst the first to get upgraded to 4mb/8mb depending on what my line can support in about 2-3 months if I stayed on this package and didn't downgrade as such. What would happen if my line dosen't support either of these speeds, only 2mb, would I still get regraded to that for free or would I then have to pay £14.99 to go to 2mb at £22.99p/m or whatever. Plus in the 2-3 months I would have lost £14-£21 in fees, if you follow me. Is there somewhere to check what my lines capable of.
wolfcub
Dabbler

Confused - VERY!

yes, this is wwhere I'm confused...from what I can make out my line can just about struggle at 1meg! I feel in a real cache 22 situation. I begin to wish I'd downgraded ages ago...would have saved a fair bit by now I guess...I thought all the explanations were a bit if, but and maybe...nothing concrete. Would have been nice if F9 had adjusted our accounts to £21.99 automatically, we're not getting any extra features for our money - I MEAN WHAT IS BEING DOWNGRADEDHuh?.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Confused - VERY!

Any account change that results in the monthly fee being reduced is classed as a downgrade.

The EasyStart package you are on hasn't changed, new products have been introduced at a lower price. We aren't able to change peoples account types automatically, we need their authorisation to do so.
N/A

Confused - VERY!

So what would you advise, the same as the guy on the phone, hang in there and hope my lines up to it.
N/A

Confused - VERY!

Hello, anybody there, some advice would still be apprieciated.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Confused - VERY!

There seems to have been some confusion here. As far as I am aware, the packages that will be upgraded to the higher speeds first are the 4MB and 8MB accounts, not the EasyStart accounts.

You could upgrade to the 4MB or 8MB account free of charge, or downgrade to the 2MB account for a one-off £14.99 fee.
N/A

Confused - VERY!

so how would i go about upgrading to say 4mb for free then. Or do i have to wait to be upgraded automatically