cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicting info from PN customer support

N/A

I have migrated away from PN to Zen earlier this month. I understand that I needed to give 30 day notice. I also understand that if the notice period partially goes into the next billing month I will be charged for the full month but then can claim back the money for the days after the 30 day notice has finished. I was told by one CS staff that this is what I can do and yesterday when I tried to claim back the money they said that it cannot be done and have to pay in full for the whole month, no refunds available. Here are the tickets from before I migrated:

Ticket: 18456706 Closed
Raised: 2006-01-11 22:09:49 by: You
2006-01-11
22:09:49
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Billing]
[Other Enquiry - Please inform Wizard Admin if any change to the wizard is required]
[Additional Information]
I'm migrating away from Pn on the 13th of January and I understand that I have to give PN 30 days cancelation notice. I requested and was given my MAC code on the 9th of January. I understand that as my billing month ends of the 26th of January I will only be charged for the connection until the 9th of February which is 14 days out of the next billing month. Is that correct? How much would that 14 days cost? Can I cancell the direct debit now and pay the additional cost by credit/debit card?

2006-01-11
22:40:19

Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Dr Olszewski,
We will need to take the last monthly payment in full as we cannot take part payments. We will then refund the part paid for the period after the 9th after your migration has completed.
You can cancel the direct debit, so long as a card is on the account for payment. Also, a credit back to a card is a lot quicket than a credit back by Direct Debit.

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

2006-01-11
23:42:26
You
Assigned : Do I need to send another ticked to get my refund or will it be done automatically?

2006-01-12
03:48:44
Once your migration completes raise us a ticket and we'll refund anyhting over the 30days notice period.

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

2006-01-12
08:05:46
You
Assigned : How will I be able to raise a ticket as when imigrate I will not be a PN customer and won't have access to the ticket system?
2006-01-12
09:02:12
Paul Emsell
When you have migrated away you will still be able to log into the member portal and contact us.

Regards,

2006-01-27
06:39:54
Script User
Unused - ADC - Developers Closed : Ticket closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity.

This is the ticket reply I got yesterday:

Ticket: 18597438 Actioned
Raised: 2006-01-30 00:28:29 by: You
2006-01-30
00:28:29
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Billing]
[Other Enquiry - Please inform Wizard Admin if any change to the wizard is required]
[Additional Information]
Hi, I have migrated away from PN and I understand that I need to give 30 days notice for which I will still be billed. If this notice period runs into the next billing month than I can claim a refund for the days left after the 30 day notice period has ended. I was told by one of the CS in a ticket earlier this month that I can claim a refund for the part paid for the period after the 9th of February.

2006-01-30
00:39:02
Unfortunatly we dont offer part month payment refunds, all payments which fall into the 30 day period will need to be paid in full

Regards,

What's going on PN?
9 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

You are correct in that you should be able to claim a part refund for unused time after the 30days if you have migrated.

This might help you - http://www.plusnetters.co.uk/portal/index.php?id=54
N/A

So what shall I do? Send another ticket and hope that a different CS staff answers this time round?
LiamM
Grafter

Send a reply stating that they are incorrect as has been documented and confirmed by Dave Tomlinson. Send that link with the ticket if you like to prove Dave T's comments.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've replied to your ticket and I'll have a word with the agent when he's next in for you.
ceridwen
Grafter

Oh dear - this one comes up at least once a month.

I think we need to declare this a FIAQ (Frequently Incorrectly Answered Question) :!:

Matthew
Community Veteran

Dave I know you know a bit about wizards,

Couldn't someone update the Contact Us wizard to provide this information to the user when they submit the ticket, so it explains the process more exactly for them and what they need to do and what is going to happen next. Coupled with a little extra agent training Smiley

Chris
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Yep, I'll take a look into it and see what I can do.
N/A

Thanks DT

I think PN should give better training to the CS staff before they are allowed to give advice. I wonder how many people are given the wrong advice not just on this issue but on others and then the customer looses out as a result. If it wasn't for what I have heard about it before I wouldn't have otherwise questioned this reply.
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

It's not that agents are not trained, there is just so much that people need to take in.

Bearing in mind I had an extensive knowledge from being on the forums before working for PlusNet, even I found that there is just so much information, it can be hard to recall it all.

Through quality checks, customer support center reviews and skill checks, we identify the needs of the CSC. Unfortunatly, there will always be cases when agents advise incorrectly which get addresses as and when needed.

Kind Regards,