cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerning webspace..

N/A

Concerning webspace..

I'm on Premiere ASDL and have a couple of questions concerning the 250mb webspace we have included in our package.

#1. Can I register 5 domains with no charge ? I read on one part of the site that with premiere subscription you get 5 free domains but then saw prices listed for some domains. And on the domain registration page, it does not clearly state whether or not I will be charged for registering one or if its included free in my premiere subscription.

#2. What is the bandwidth limit on our 250mb webspace ?

Cool
4 REPLIES
N/A

Concerning webspace..

Hi,

I can help you with the domains bit. The domains (.co.uk) are chargeable @ £1 per month. The free bit is to be able to have them on your account to use for things such as email.
You get to own the domain name after a year.
Personally I prefer hosting elsewhere as I like my proper cPanel (something which is not featured on the PN space) and you are only allocated 1 DB.
Community Veteran

Concerning webspace..

You can host upto 5 domains free of charge but you can onlr register 1 as your included £1/month domain.

Your best bet is to register all 5 with a domain company like 1&1 then just point the hosting at your plusnet account using the instructions given in the help pages for domains. This will be far cheaper than PlusNet's registration fee of £45/domain.

The bandwidth limit on all your webspace combined (www, cgi, fp) is 250MBytes/day and you must not exceed this in any one day or you will get an emal stating your website has been archived until you take steps to limit the bandwidth to 250MBytes/day.
N/A

Concerning webspace..

thanks for the responce
starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Concerning webspace..

The bandwidth limit on all your webspace combined (www, cgi, fp) is 250MBytes/day and you must not exceed this in any one day or you will get an emal stating your website has been archived until you take steps to limit the bandwidth to 250MBytes/day.

Does that really happen in practice ? Has anyone fallen foul of this that could comment from first-hand experience ?

How would one track website usage ? (don't the counters only work on the static, not cgi, space?)