cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coms team posting today?

N/A

Coms team posting today?

I am sure i read so where that there was going to be a post about the 'state of the network' today?
22 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

Neil's been working on it and it is nearing completion.

It's long. Very, very long. But it has pictures!
sinewave
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

Has this been completed yet and available to read?

Just wondering
N/A

Coms team posting today?

Still strumming our fingers.

Should have known "It'll be ready Friday" doesn't mean it'll be ready Friday, just like free setup doesn't mean free and very fast gaming doesn't mean internet gaming speeds will be fast.

Sorry, couldn't resist being facetious there but Plusnet don't do themselves any favours when there are so many disgruntled customers out there.
carrot63
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

Admittedly James didnt specify which Friday he had in mind.
shellsong
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

Maybe they've had to go out and buy some more crayons for colouring in the pictures Tongue
bobbygeorge
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

whatever the announcement states(if it appears), there are some guarantees that will go with it ..

we will see :

NO improvement in P2P speeds
NO improvement in USENET
NO improvement in FTP
NO improvement in HTTP
NO improvement in POP3 email (either collection speed or reliability)

web browsing will remain as it is, erratic and slow ..

basically everything will remain throttled and unuseable.

I don't think there is much more to say

:roll:
N/A

Coms team posting today?

Still strumming our fingers.

Should have known "It'll be ready Friday" doesn't mean it'll be ready Friday,..............
Silly twisted boy. Smiley
You should have asked which week/month or year even. :lol:
suec45
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

To be fair, my FTP speeds on most FTPs are back to normal.

Not sure about P2P as I dont use it much.

My pings have been fine throughout this saga, there was one period when I had hi pings a month ago, but that was sorrted by a ticket.

Nevertheless, I would like to see this Comms team post, to make sure things will continue to improve Smiley
Liam
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

Sorry guys, it has indeed been delayed slightly. None of us are on shift until tomorrow afternoon - and even then that is Dave who has been on holiday and will therefore be out of the loop somewhat.

We didn't want to put it out and then just disappear - so it will be going out on Monday, hopefully, when we'll be able to answer questions etc... or poke the relevant people to answer questions.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Coms team posting today?

Not sure about P2P as I dont use it much.

Thats no better Sad
I have a whopping 3.5k (dial-up speed) - Improvement on 300 bytes. Whether or not it's a real improvement I'll leave for you to decide Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Firejack
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

The service post must not slip beyond Monday. We've had months of poor service and deserve some answers and concrete plans to resolve the situation. I have a feeling the corner may of been turned as FTP and P2P have been much better for me these last few days. However Plus.net still can't deny the fact their isn't enough bandwidth for customers. Unless we have a date in this posting for an increase in network capacity I will be very disappointed.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

Unless we have a date in this posting for an increase in network capacity I will be very disappointed.

now what do you think the chances are of that Huh

besides, do you actually think some improvements will come from this announcement // :shock:

just need to stick it on the pile of previous service announcements which have given us NO improvements ..

btw, my P2P is exactly as it has been for the past few months, pathetic, only now my uploads are capped at 5KB/s along with my downloads.
Liam
Grafter

Coms team posting today?

The service post must not slip beyond Monday.

I'll do my best (and I'm confident) to ensure that doesn't happen.
N/A

Coms team posting today?

The service post must not slip beyond Monday.

I'll do my best (and I'm confident) to ensure that doesn't happen.
I have every confidence in Plusnet's ability to deliver this particular announcement in a timely manner. After all, how long can it take to compile a three word announcement saying "We've achieved nothing" or if we're lucky, four words, the last one being "sorry"! Sad Although I guess six words is more likely - "We've achieved absolutely nothing, up yours!" :roll:

Why does an announcement of this kind require pictures? I can think of two reasons - 1)You feel the need to patronise your customers, because you think you are more intelligent than them, and they probably can't read, or 2)You feel the need for a complete cosmetic cover up, to hide the fact that Plusnet's been "caught with its trousers down". Shockedops:

Perhaps we're going to have bar charts showing every aspect of the recent lousy service, or maybe pie charts showing the shareholders piece of the action, including BT's slice of the new pie. :lol:

Why can't Plusnet's Board just admit that they've been so busy hyping up the 8Mbps service, so that the TV companies will favour them, and they will sell more product, that they've forgotten to spend enough on the infrastructure that's required to meet the extra demands, thus leaving the whole sorry mess to fall over :!:

Perhaps the Board would like to make apologies all round, instead of hiding behind its hard working minions. Better still, stop sitting preening behind a webcam and actually move their butts to save the sinking ship. Evil