cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints procedure

N/A

Complaints procedure

Can anyone on this forum send me details of who to contact within Plus.net regarding complaints? I've been trying to get this information from them for a few weeks, but it's increasingly like getting blood from a stone.

I've been paying for a service since February which I still can't use, and I am being held to the contract (even though I wasn't aware that there was a 12-month minimum when I joined).

I've used Plus.net elsewhere and was chuffed at the service, but so far they have fallen far FAR shorter than their advertising says that they aim for.

I really would NOT RECOMMEND using them for broadband, especially when there is trouble getting connected in the first place - they refuse to deal with the customer as an individual. For example, the ticket detailing all of the problems I've encoutered so far has been handled by 14 different people.

There's nothing like the personal touch, and believe me that is NOTHING LIKE the personal touch!
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Complaints procedure

Probably your best bet is to write to them at :-

PlusNet, PO Box 3704, Terry Street, Sheffield, S9 2WL
N/A

Complaints procedure

Should find everthing here in their code of practice
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/codeofpractice.shtml
N/A

Complaints procedure

Thanks for getting back to me.

Only problem is, if I send it there I've no idea who's going to answer it. What I'm really after is the name of someone to write to, and not someone who is at the front line. Is there anyone who can give me their contact details who supervises the CSC team, or the complaints procedures?

Steve
N/A

Complaints procedure

johnessex, you're a genius. Thanks for the link to the website which details the complaints procedure properly...

...all I need now is a real person's name and I've got all I need!
N/A

Complaints procedure

I don't know who the Customer Services Director is but if it was me I send one letter addressed this way and the other to Lee Strafford, Chief Executive Officer
N/A

Complaints procedure

My word, good stuff indeed...

...thank you both. The last five minutes talking to non-PN staff have been the most productive customer service I've had from them in 4 months. And I'm not even saying that for effect, it really has been.

...and that's got to be bad, hasn't it?
Community Veteran

Complaints procedure

Marking a letter for an indivdual rather than to the company won't gaurentee a response from that person, but it will just annoy you when you get a response from someone else. Best thing to do is just follow the code of practice. One tip I would give is if you write a letter of complaint to any company send it via recorded delivery. Only costs 66p and shows them you are serious, you also know if they are ignoring your letter or not Smiley
Lampo
Grafter

Unsatisfactory Service

As someone who would have recommended Plus Net to anyone who was looking for a good internet provider I now have to seriously change my position on that.

I have been trying to get my service moved to another telephone line. What a nightmare. BT did get it wrong in the first place -- but very quickly rectified the order. I now have a new phone line at my new address -- but trying to establish the situation with PlusNet is an absolute nightmare.

The ticket system is totally remote and unhelpful. I have asked numerous questions and have never received an answer -- the odd "internal" comment is about as far as it goes. The "internal" comments tell the customer nothing.

Completely unsatisfactory service -- they have seriously let themselves down.

:x
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Complaints procedure

Have a read of this post
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Complaints procedure

My word, good stuff indeed...

...thank you both. The last five minutes talking to non-PN staff have been the most productive customer service I've had from them in 4 months. And I'm not even saying that for effect, it really has been.

...and that's got to be bad, hasn't it?

Why? Because I was probably a day away from doing it myself so I know the procedure. Which I would have deviated from slightly as the CEO may be completely aware how bad support can be. In the past I have also found going to the top produce the desired result.
N/A

Complaints procedure

"...bad" as in - why should you (the consumer) be more helpful than the company itself? Just to clarify, I've very grateful for your input, and let-down by that of Plus.net.

Have a good weekend, all...