cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaining About Usage

N/A

Complaining About Usage

Why are you so quick to complain about over usage of accounts, when some weeks I only use my Lite account for a few hours.

For the last two weeks I have overused my account by a total of less than four hours, some weeks I have used it for less than half its gauranteed hours, and yet you still complain if I overuse my account the next week by just a few minutes.

Considering that we are not allowed to carry unused hours over from one week to the next you shouldn't be so quick to complain, there are lots of other ISP's to choose from, I may soon be making a different choice.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Complaining About Usage

Hi,

The problem here is that the usage is calculated by script on a weekly basis and not monthly. It is the script that determines if an account has exceeded it's limit or not and unfortunately wether you have underused the account one week or not is irrelevant to the script. If the system was to be changed to calculate on a monthly basis then this would probably not happen. Unfortunately I cannot see this happening in the near future.

Regards
--
| Dean Wood..........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support Agent..............for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: Complaining About Usage

Stuart Clampit wrote:

> Considering that we are not allowed to carry unused hours over from one week to the next you shouldn't be so quick to complain, there are lots of other ISP's to choose from, I may soon be making a different choice.

Beware, the ISP you choose may just disconnect you for over use. At least PlusNet warn before suspension.

I think the T&Cs are clear. The limits are weekly. Go over by just 1 minute in any week and a warning will be issued. Nothing to do with previous low usage.

It seems to me fair enough and if the overuse is only occasional you are unlikely to be suspended.

--
Brian