cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community? What a Joke!!

N/A

Community? What a Joke!!

It is just rubbish isn't it. They create a fictitional fair usage policy which gives you 15gb of peak usage a month.

The next thing you know your peak time downloads are at dial up speeds at the beginning of the month (when you haven't used any GB) and the internet (help) site doesn't allow you to speak to anyone about the fact you are getting completely ripped off.

How link:censored is that?

Has anyone noticed that over the past year, Plusnet have redesigned their website so that it is virtually impossible to correspond with an actual human being. How even more link:censored is that?

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs): Removed the deliberate attempts at avoiding the swear filter. Also spotted cross posting. Other thread locked. Please read the link:rules before continuing to post.]
5 REPLIES
N/A

Community? What a Joke!!

nice to know you made a seperate thread just so you could attempt to bypass the swear filter.

edit: just noticed how you have completely spammed the forums, very mature. seriously, grow up.
N/A

Re: Community? What a Joke!!

It is just rubbish isn't it. They create a fictitional fair usage policy which gives you 15gb of peak usage a month.

It's actually 13GB before traffic management is applied to an account with Premier option 1.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Community? What a Joke!!

Well I'm not commenting on the dual-threads or the swear thing - We've all got frustrated by PN and we all have our ways of trying to make them listen.

Yes PN have made it extremely hard to talk to a human and worse still if you ring them up (options 4,3,1 if I remember correctly - Might be 3,4,1 though) you'll be kept waiting 20 minutes too.

I've seen this behaviour with other companies. They basically see a good decent company turning over an honest cashflow and they get greedy and decide to squeze every last penny out of it they can. Things become rationed, staff are let go, phone waiting times hit the roof, emails go unanswered etc etc etc. Yet somehow prices manage to stay the same (usually go up though) and service/products get worse.

Yes downloads have been very heavily restricted. I also think this is very bad (Note I cannot use mildly stronger language because I've been threatened by a mod - however I hope you get my drift). I don't even bother trying to use pop3.smtp through plusnet because I know that will be really really really bad too.

In all honesty I am really really really not happy with plus at the moment. We joined when they still had that "We topped USwitchs customer satisfaction survey with 95%" junk on their homepage. Funny thing is, it disappeared within days of joining Sad
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Community? What a Joke!!

Yep, well check my posting history and I am sure you'll get my feelings as well. The uSwitch thing was mentioned on here recently, since PlusNet didn't exactly top the next survey (can't remember how they done, but not so well) so it was no longer technically correct to continue to advertise it. Hence it was removed following comments on here.

Shame but not exactly a surprise. I would rather them sort themselves out, but there is little evidence of them bothering to do this. I am no expert on ADSL and running networks (since I write software), but it is obvious to the layman that the infrastructure has suffered from a lack of investment, increasing subscriber numbers and the general trend of increasing usage (i.e. companies now keen to push out films via P2P). What has PlusNet done - nothing.

I don't think I would still be here if this was my primary internet connection, although having said that my connection has been quite reliable in the four years - and I haven't really had any issues. The caps are too low, but I haven't come near them so not a problem, LLU - well I avoided that one and opted out as soon as I could. For the money the service is reasonable (now being on Plus), though I am a bit miffed at the blatant blacklisting of sites like Easynews - which still loads slower than dial-up. Fair enough I know Plus is not geared towards P2P and binary usenet. But then we now have to go to an external provider since PlusNet shut down their binary usenet service for being too expensive.

I fail to see why I can download off http from other sites at unthrottled speeds, but I can't off Easynews? Could someone explain? I mean the homepage is still loading slower than dial-up (and I haven't even tried to download anything off it yet). Bit ironic really - we thought China was one of the only countries blocking parts of the internet.

Anyway I await to see what the service will be like when BT take over and wipe out the PlusNet brand (I say when and not if).

EDIT: Wow exactly four years to the day !!!
N/A

Community? What a Joke!!

EDIT: Wow exactly four years to the day !!!

Congrats, if that is appropriate under the circumstances. Wink