cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with PlusNet Users

WebPunter

Are senior management in the Help Centre aware that their staff respond to telephone calls from customers reporting total loss of ADSL by sending them messages on their website. To add to this unhelpful action they say that if the customer does not respond within 48 hrs the fault complaint will be cancelled. How can the customer read the messages if they have no connection? This has happened to me three times, I am now back on the old BT fixed rate as the ADSL Max has proved to be too "fragile". One wonders why it was introduced at all. I do not think that users are complaining because they do not understand ADSL Max, they complain because if gives repeated problems.
1 REPLY
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We've made a lot of changes in how the faults process works over the past year or so to try and avoid situations like this. All communication will be provided via the portal as that's how it's done but where customers aren't able to connect we will also send SMS messages with updates so you can see what's happening without being able to connect and we also provide a free backup dial-up number so if you have a dial-up modem can still get online that way.

Regarding Max, for most people it will work fine, but the nature of the technology means that it pushes each phone line to the limits and in some cases that can lead to problems. Most of the time these problems can be fixed, they are down to wiring and filter problems or a fault on the line, but there are cases especially with marginal lines where problems will happen.