cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comms Team Presence - Discussion

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I'm wondering if this morning's announcement had anything to do with yesterdays re-appearance of the Comms team in force - one heck of a co-incidence!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
33 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Jelv,

I can assure you, it is merely coincidental.
Firejack
Grafter

I'm sure they did. At least we know why James was on this forums at 1am last night drinking beer and replying to every single post on the forums... poor guy didn't want to sleep because of the nightmare of being taken over.. again :twisted:

Really hope we don't loose the support team to some outsourced IT company. People like Ian Wild, Josh Berry and James Bailey aren't replaceable!
Liam
Grafter

I'm wondering if this morning's announcement had anything to do with yesterdays re-appearance of the Comms team in force - one heck of a co-incidence!

First we knew was a text message at just after 7 this morning.
Ianwild
Grafter

Yep - We were planning on getting back here on Monday, but got caught up in other things... The timing is co-incidence, although of course we knew something was coming soon given the announcements made last month.

Ian
joncooper
Grafter

- The number of examples where people post in the forums about a problem, having not even attempted to contact support about it first, has increased a lot by the looks of it. If you would like us to look at a problem for you, please include a ticket number from your report, and give the CSC a fair amount of time to respond before trying to escalate the issue.

That's because a lot of people have found it's pointless to attempt to use the ticket system, if you can navigate to an appropriate section and actually raise a ticket the chances of it getting read/replied to within a reasonable time is fairly low.

Then there is the problem of CSC not reading the ticket properly, asking questions and requesting tests that have already been covered.

Another HUGE problem is the "it must be your equipment" attitude - if it was working fine 1/2 an hour ago why would it be a problem now? and WHY won't they realise it could be an issue when a lot of people start reporting the same problem at the same time?
Ianwild
Grafter

We absolutely need to get better at all those things, which is part of our job to pick up on and raise with the CSC... I'm certain there have been improvements in recent months, but I know we still have work to do.

As I say, what we are doing is simple - if you have a problem, but haven't raised a ticket and given it a reasonable chance to be sorted, expect to be ignored by the comms team.

Ian
joncooper
Grafter

meh, what's the point, already not listening
Community Veteran

As I say, what we are doing is simple - if you have a problem, but haven't raised a ticket and given it a reasonable chance to be sorted, expect to be ignored by the comms team.

Ian

Rather than ignore it wouldn't a simple reply
Ticket number?

be more appropriate?
Ianwild
Grafter

Perhaps John, but I think it will save time if we lay it down now :-)

Of course, if we all work at it together, and we see a ticket number in the subject, that makes it even easier to sort!

Ian
Stef
Grafter

- The number of examples where people post in the forums about a problem, having not even attempted to contact support about it first, has increased a lot by the looks of it. If you would like us to look at a problem for you, please include a ticket number from your report, and give the CSC a fair amount of time to respond before trying to escalate the issue.

That's because a lot of people have found it's pointless to attempt to use the ticket system, if you can navigate to an appropriate section and actually raise a ticket the chances of it getting read/replied to within a reasonable time is fairly low.

Then there is the problem of CSC not reading the ticket properly, asking questions and requesting tests that have already been covered.

Another HUGE problem is the "it must be your equipment" attitude - if it was working fine 1/2 an hour ago why would it be a problem now? and WHY won't they realise it could be an issue when a lot of people start reporting the same problem at the same time?

Is it me?

I just posted a couple of tickets, both cleared up in 24Hrs, excellent service imo? Just also signed up my, about 9th? referal...

I hope PN retain some of their distinctive stuff now that they have been 'assimilated by the Borg'...

Prolly a good move imo....
'x' <-Fingers Crossed... !
N/A

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ The Borg

thanks for that stefan Cheesy
Community Veteran

I'm with Stefan

Every ticket I've ever raised has been dealt with adequately. Not always within 10 minutes, but always within a time I can live with.

On the other hand - I've (forunately) never had to ticket about somthing very difficult to resolve.
Community Veteran

Where have they all been today?
simonh
Grafter

Hopefully they are all looking at the unanswered ticket that I raised on Saturday. :roll: