cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Come On Plus Net, Play the Game.

snapper_mart
Grafter

Come On Plus Net, Play the Game.

While we have all been reading Plus Nets messages as to how sorry they are for the Outage, no one seems to be addressing the REAL issue here. Plus Net is an ISP ...Internet SERVICE PROVIDER! However, no SERVICE has been PROVIDED for 2 days now. I notice that in one message they have promised customers a 'full report into whats gone wrong' but despite almost every user asking for it, Plus Net have made no mention of reimbursement. Its a bit like me paying my water rates and the water board not providing me with any water, or paying Norweb and them nott providing me with any electricity....u get the point, you wouldn't stand for it would you. So come on Plus Net, give us some cash back!
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Come On Plus Net, Play the Game.

> While we have all been reading Plus Nets messages as to how sorry they are for the Outage, no one seems to be addressing the REAL issue here. Plus Net is an ISP ...Internet SERVICE PROVIDER! However, no SERVICE has been PROVIDED for 2 days now. I notice that in one message they have promised customers a 'full report into whats gone wrong' but despite almost every user asking for it, Plus Net have made no mention of reimbursement. Its a bit like me paying my water rates and the water board not providing me with any water, or paying Norweb and them nott providing me with any electricity....u get the point, you wouldn't stand for it would you. So come on Plus Net, give us some cash back!

Martin,

I understand the frustration the current situation has caused you. As I posted earlier our efforts are focussed on resolving the issues and keeping you updated while this is underway. Our Customer Support resources are concentrated on keeping waiting times on the phones down and as such we have not had time to address many of the issues you have raised.

As I have mentioned, we will make a full explanatory posting, but please be aware that ADSL accounts come with no service level guarantee -- ADSL is an emerging technology and is not a permanent connection - this is reflected in the pricing of the products. We do agree that extended outages such as these are not what you should expect from PlusNet and this arose from circumstances out of our control. Please be assured however that we are getting on top of this and hope to have a resolution for you as soon as possible.

Please see my updated thread regarding the current situation - more updates will be posted as we get new information in.

Kind Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

With customers using P & G to connect, thus providing Plus with more profit, if you were them would you rush to fix it, and if one can get away without any compensation to cuastomers, using this flimsey, not even an axcuse, of emerging techmology, what would you do?

> > While we have all been reading Plus Nets messages as to how sorry they are for the Outage, no one seems to be addressing the REAL issue here. Plus Net is an ISP ...Internet SERVICE PROVIDER! However, no SERVICE has been PROVIDED for 2 days now. I notice that in one message they have promised customers a 'full report into whats gone wrong' but despite almost every user asking for it, Plus Net have made no mention of reimbursement. Its a bit like me paying my water rates and the water board not providing me with any water, or paying Norweb and them nott providing me with any electricity....u get the point, you wouldn't stand for it would you. So come on Plus Net, give us some cash back!
>
> Martin,
>
> I understand the frustration the current situation has caused you. As I posted earlier our efforts are focussed on resolving the issues and keeping you updated while this is underway. Our Customer Support resources are concentrated on keeping waiting times on the phones down and as such we have not had time to address many of the issues you have raised.
>
> As I have mentioned, we will make a full explanatory posting, but please be aware that ADSL accounts come with no service level guarantee -- ADSL is an emerging technology and is not a permanent connection - this is reflected in the pricing of the products. We do agree that extended outages such as these are not what you should expect from PlusNet and this arose from circumstances out of our control. Please be assured however that we are getting on top of this and hope to have a resolution for you as soon as possible.
>
> Please see my updated thread regarding the current situation - more updates will be posted as we get new information in.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

Hi,

> if you were them would you rush to fix it, and if one can get away without any compensation to cuastomers, using this flimsey, not even an axcuse, of emerging techmology, what would you do?

Our network engineers have been working around the clock to solve the current connection problems. This outage is not something that we take lightly and we are not neglecting to resolve the issue so that customers use the pay as you go service.
Our staff have worked long shifts and have given up holidays and days off to come in and help to resolve the network problems, man the phones etc.

With regards the issue of compensation. Emerging technology is not an excuse it is a fact. Because of the speed that the internet is growing and the technological advances that are happening in the industry it is inevitable that occasionally things will go wrong and if we were to compensate customers for this we would not have the resources to ensure that we as a service provider could stay right up there at the forefront of this technology.

--
Regards, Support

--
| Sam Simpson .............. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support Agent.............for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

It's only 'emerging' technology as far as your engineer's skillset is concerned - a fact demonstrated by a failure to read the manuals that came with your new kit that you have been taking 48 hours to eventually 'roll back'.

You make BT look good.