cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting Email password prompts

N/A

I hope one someone might be able to help me out with an email collection problem.
I keep getting prompted in Outlook Express for my account password to collect my emails.
I have been through the Tools> Accounts>Mail Tab>Properties, then click on servers. I checked my password re-wrote it on both my email accounts. Once entered I can receive the email, but it still keeps asking everytime for my password even though the small box is ticked to remember the password.

Could there possibly be a server problem? with it needing me to enter my password everytime, hope somebody can shed some light on this. Sad
6 REPLIES
N/A

Check the password is entered in the correct lower/upper case.
N/A

OK shall make sure it is lower case Cheesy
N/A

Hi there,

Also check the "log on using SPA" or "this server requires authentication is NOt ticked.

regards,

Rich
Community Veteran

also check that in the Outgoing Mail Server section - the server requires authentication is Unchecked also.

You can set authentication for both incoming and outgoing..... its just the incoming that needs authentication IIRC. Setting the other one will cause you to be prompted.
N/A

Hi

Had a similar problem with the wifes copy of Outlook Express.

have a look here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;264672 as this maybe needed to be done.It was needed to fix the wifes machine.

IanJ
N/A

Thanks for all the helpful information everyone Cheesy Cheesy