cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Ticket? What is going on???

N/A

I opened a ticket due to poor performance and was told some checks were underway. I responded to the ticket but go no reply. Things are poor this morning so I checked the ticket and it was closed a while ago with no update. Ticket no. is 19501597.

And check out this stat from my router:

Downstream Margin : 2147483646 db

Something is not quite right methinks!
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

From that SNR figure I suspect you have a netgear DG834. The netgear shows that (its actually -1) when the SNR level is too low to measure. Mine often does that but I still do not loose sync.

As for your closed ticket, that should not have happened unless for some reason the ticket was returned to you and you did not reply for 10 days. Only you can close a ticket that you raise.

You now need to raise 2 tickets. One to ask why your previous ticket was closed and a new one to continue your problem.
lunarjetman
Grafter

Re: Closed Ticket? What is going on???

Downstream Margin : 2147483646 db

Something is not quite right methinks!

My Linksys WAG54G also shows that number when the SNR drops below 0. Unfortunately it doesn't seem as tolerant as the Netgear and will drop the line if the SNR doesn't go positive again pretty quickly.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

The ticket was closed due to inactivity, it was returned to you for a response on 01/06/06.

Please complete some BT speedtests and then reraise a ticket if you are still having issues.
N/A

Thanks for the replies guys and yes I do have the WAG354G.
What is a good SNR for downstream then?

Mand, I did the speed tests and asked for direction on what to do next but never got a response. Can this ticket be reopened please?
lunarjetman
Grafter

It depends very much on the quality of your line. BT will start with a target SNR of 6db and should increase it in 3db increments until it achieves line stability.

That's the theory anyway. The reality for me is that I have a rock-solid 6db in the day and then as soon as night falls I see-saw between 0-6db and end up having re-syncs (which are often syncing at a higher Kbps than the one that just dropped - work that one out).

I have toyed with the idea of buying a Netgear DG834G which is reportedly more tolerant of SNR <6Db but at the moment I don't get quite enough re-sysncs in the evening for it to be a big enough problem to buy new hardware for.
Mand
Grafter

The ticket cannot be reopened, but I can raise a new one for you. When did you complete the speedtests? I ask because BT only keep the results for a certain period of time.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

As for your closed ticket, that should not have happened unless for some reason the ticket was returned to you and you did not reply for 10 days. Only you can close a ticket that you raise

Oh yes they can. I had a long running one which plusnet closed at the same time as posting a reply. It was closed when things were not looking to good for their CS staff!!!
N/A

Same happened to me too - probably at the same time.
N/A

The ticket cannot be reopened, but I can raise a new one for you. When did you complete the speedtests? I ask because BT only keep the results for a certain period of time.

The speed tests were run on the day I raised the ticket - a couple of hours afterwards.