cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client needs and preferences

N/A

I recently moves from Fixed Cost Dialup to Broadband Plus ADSL.

On Fixed Cost, downloads were, of course, slow, but I didn't need too many of them so I lived with the problem. Commectivity, on the other hand, was generally good and I rarely had to wait for long to get on line and receive my e-mails.

With BB Plus, download speeds are much faster - 1.1 Mbps is more than adequate for my needs. There is, however, a real problem with connectivity. I sometimes have to wait for two or three hours to get connected.

I believe that, for ordinary users, who don't want the high speeds required for gaming, nor any of the fancy bells and whistles, the ability to get on line quickly, to browse and deal with mail, is paramount. Perhaps f9 could divert some of the investment in the fancy stuff to reducing the connectivity delays.

What do other users think?
4 REPLIES
N/A

By connectivity, are you referring to binary newsgroup downloads and p2p applications? If so, BB+ is not designed to support these with any great amount of speed (if any at all). If that is the sort of thing you are wanting to do, then Premier should have been the acount you upgraded to, or maybe even the PAYG account which has included bandwidth and voip calls.

Regards

Mark
N/A

No! By connectivity I refer to the time it takes for me to connect to the computers at f9 and open the home page - nothing more than that. I though that I had already said that I didn't need any of the "fancy" stuff. All I want is to browse for general information and correspond with my friends by e-mail.
I don't even know what a binary newsgroup is - and I don't want to know - and I don't need p2p applications. I don't have time to waste on chatting.
N/A

Ok, no need to get your knickers in a twist, only trying to help. I shall leave this to anyone else who wants to be flamed by trying to help.
holdtight
Grafter

Wrong side of the bed me thinks :roll: :roll: :roll: