cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearer package information

Community Veteran

I have just answered a question from a customer who couldn't find fax2email on his account.
Checking the details for the account type I was able to find out that it was not listed in the summary of what is available. (home surf).
It is listed however in the home self install details.

It would be so much easier for potential customers to choose the account they want if things that are not available were also clearly shown on the account information.

I am sure that this would prevent many disappointments and moans from people who have signed up for an account only to realise that it does'nt do what they thought.
7 REPLIES
N/A

This sounds related to the gripes that anti-virus and spam protection are now listed under the e-mail section, as if you allready have it.

Both should be changed IMHO.

Possible a a red circle with strikethrough to say it is not available, then link it to marketing material. The fax-2-e-mail should link to a FAQ entry that it is only available of product X, Y, Z, possibly farketing again.
N/A

Or they could link to the first aviable account that provides that particular service.

+net might just find more people opting for more expensive packages that way...
N/A

Having nothing but a page touting a package is not that good.

An explanation on why it isn't available, then tout all you wish.
Community Veteran

A simple table with product names down the side and features allong the top would suffice.
Ticks and crosses could then be used to show what is available with what product.
N/A

Fair point.

Any icon could link to the FAQ answer while the text could link to an account which provides it. Or even adding a bit that says to get this feature you will need account X.

Just so that people have quick and easy access to the information rather than potentially going in cricles between the FAQ and the product
Simon_M
Grafter

Couldn't agree more! Very sensible suggestions. I'm sure this would lead to both an increase in sign-ups & a decrease in subsequent problems.

Simon
N/A

Speaking as the customer John referred to in his first post, my issue was a subtly different. I have just signed up, and didn't see fax-2-email listed as a service - I only found out about it from a reference on the site. My point was rather more positive, in that this could actually be a reason for people choosing PlusNet, not just an individual account type on PlusNet. I will probably upgrade my account for this service, but only discovered it by accident (this should get the marketing people to give it some priority Smiley ). The secondary issue is that none of the references to the service on the site mention that it is not available on all account types, leaving me wondering if I was going blind when I was repeatedly directed to a page which had no mention of it.
Essentially then, I would suggest making more of fax-2-email as a feature, and having a "check whether you qualify" link on the FAQs and Help for the account specific services. This could link to the table approach already discussed.