cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification please

N/A

Clarification please

Dave, James, I notice you've not responded to my point about extra charges the leaving LLU customer may have to pay. Could you please do so. Thanks.
16 REPLIES
N/A

Clarification please

Hi

Can someone please clarify whether I will have any additional payments due to Plus.net if I decide to leave - my subscriptions are up to date? I have been with PN for over a year, so would I have to pay the £47 or whatever to BT?

I am concerned about the number of references made to Plusnet not being on the scene for much longer, as I rely on my broadband connection and would be lost without it.

Also, as someone who knows very little about computers, how do I find out if I am on LLU or MaxDSL?

Thanks everyone.

Kerri
N/A

Clarification please

Hi Kerri,

I am concerned about the number of references made to Plusnet not being on the scene for much longer

To be honest, there has been a lot of rubbish posted in this regard recently, some of it from people who should know better.

It is nothing more than rumour mongering and speculation which is based on not one single shred of fact.

Plusnet released their financial statement to the City earlier this month. They are as safe as it gets and are in no danger of not being around. Smiley

With regard to your contractural obligations. If you signed up under the deferred activation (You Stay We Pay) scheme you will have to pay for your activation and any hardware which is spread over 5 years. This reduces by 20% for each year you remain a customer. The CSC will be able to advise of any amounts due if you raise a ticket.
N/A

Clarification please

If I want to cancel my ADSL account, but have been LLU'd - is the following possible:

1) My ADSL line is terminated

2) I reactivate it (free of charge from another ISP)

Will this mean I am no longer LLU'd with Tiscali?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Clarification please

Hi,

If you're on LLU and want to move to another ISP then at the moment there are 2 options.

1. If the new ISP is taking part in the reverse LLU migration trial then we can generate a MAC (it's a manual process rather than the couple of clicks to create an IPStream MAC so takes longer) and they can migrate you across.

2. We place a cease order on the line and once complete the new ISP places a new order as you say.
N/A

Clarification please

Dave, if you cease and place a new order you need to pay an extra £47 to the new ISP to be reconnected, or have I got that wrong?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Clarification please

The new ISP would have to pay that to BT Wholesale as it's treated as it's a new activation, the ISP may or may not choose to pass that on to the customer.
N/A

Clarification please

But they may well do, and if so, that would be £47 the customer's had to pay, which they wouldn't if they hadn't been LLU'd? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
N/A

Clarification please

Dave, please could you respond? Thanks.
James
Grafter

Re: Clarification please

Hi

Can someone please clarify whether I will have any additional payments due to Plus.net if I decide to leave - my subscriptions are up to date? I have been with PN for over a year, so would I have to pay the £47 or whatever to BT?
You would not need to pay any cancellation charges for either cancelling or requesting a migration code as you have been a customer of ours for over 12 months.

If you were to cancel or migrate, you would need to raise a ticket requesting so, thus giving us 30 days notice.
N/A

Clarification please

As I am dissatisfied with LLU (via Tiscalli) and because I have been refused a free transfer back to IPstream, I'm in the process of cancelling my Plusnet LLU broadband in order to move to SKY.

Re: ID: 20149233 and ID: 20133706

I have asked for a MAC key as I thought that was the way to do things but on contacting SKY I was then told that a MAC key is not required as they can't do a "seamless transfer" for LLU. I was told to first cease my Plusnet broadband after which SKY could then activate my phone line for their broadband service.

Therefore I replied to Support ID: 20149233 asking to cancel the MAC code request and instead cease my Plusnet broadband connection as soon as possible. I hope this does not cause delays or confusion.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Clarification please

Hi missile

Thats a load of rubbish. Sky did one for me the other week without a problem.

Phil
blowdart
Grafter

Clarification please

Sky did one for me the other week without a problem.

Think about how LLU works though. What if Sky is not in missile's exchange with LLU, then Sky would have to switch him back to normal. So it may not be "rubbish" at all.
N/A

Clarification please

Sky LLU has just arrived at my exchange, and PN are in the process of "upgrading" me to LLU.
At least now if PN and Tiscali manage to bork it up I have another option - £10 per month for 16Mb. Sounds appealing.
N/A

Clarification please

You are right, the customer is £47 out of pocket, although its only theoretical if you are moving to an ISP who offers free connection.

If you are not moving to someone who will pay it for you, you will have to stump up yourself.

Just imagine if you had taken the deffered option, decided to leave within 12months because of LLU problems.

You'd have to pay PN back the £47 for activating your line in the first place, plus you'd have to pay somebody else another £47 to activate your line again - good eh?