cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheerio with thanks

N/A

Cheerio with thanks

After 4 years with PlusNet, and with some sadness, I have decided to migrate to Sky. I don't migrate until later this month, but assume once it happens I will be barred from here so wanted to post now.

There may be an element of frying pan to fire, we'll have to see, but the recent problems (today's latest email outage capped it for me, even though it was brief) have been infuriating and I'm a patient and loyal chap usually.

I guess it also clear that for £10 per month, with the exception of webspace (which I rarely use anyway), it is a very attractive deal compared to the £22 I pay now.

I wish PlusNet all the best and hope they overcome their various problems as, in fairness, the service has been good barring the last 3-6 months.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who patiently answered my various questions over the years on here, especially pcsni who I think peronally answered about 80% of them! :lol:

Best wishes and good luck to you all.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Cheerio with thanks

Hi there.

Its always sad to see forum regulars move on. I wish you all the best with Sky and thank you for the kind words.

Only too glad to have been of some help.

Dont forget about the Plusnetters community, where you can pop in and keep us up to date with Sky developments. Smiley

Take care.
N/A

Cheerio with thanks

Similar story to krobcfc. I'm off at the end of the month. My decision is purely financial. Never had any problems with PN (I don't use the email facility) and wish them well in the future.

My move will save me around £11.50 a month and also give me increased bandwidth, which is too much to ignore.
N/A

Cheerio with thanks

I wont be far behind, I have just contacted Trading Standards on the premise that the service is not fit for purpose.

And I will be contacting my solicitor tomorrow! Since April the 10th I have had nothing but trouble.

Zen or Firefly here I come!
N/A

Cheerio with thanks

I'll also be moving to Sky when they enable my exchange, (xmas time apparently) purely for financial reasons.

Can't fault plusnet, and if i have major problems with sky i'll probably return
Our poll suggests that the top 3 losing ISP's to Sky Broadband are..

1.Plusnet / Metronet with 24.53%
2.Freedom2Surf with 14.15%
3.Pipex with 10.38%

this is from 106 visitors and shows Sky are making big gains at the expense of other ISPs,
it also shows that Pipex's high profile adverts with the Hoff is not working as well as pipex hoped.
rob1969
Grafter

Cheerio with thanks

I am off too, The service has been a disgrace for the last 4-6 mths, I have requested my mac key and hopefully I can join Sky but I have an email from Sky saying the offer is only going to last 5 days I only have 3 days left if thats the case,So I may go with Orange,All I can say that anywhere will be better than Plusnet..Its quite sad really because I used to love PN and recommended 20 people to them,14 have left and the other six have recieved texts of apology tonight and hopefully they will leave too,PLUSNET deserve no customers they are the shoddiest bunch of cowboys I have ever encountered..They only answer queries through forums,they leave open tickets open without a response for sometimes weeks but mostly at least a few days they give empty promises when they do finally contact us,and then all they can do is say it must be a problem OUR END.I have complained to offcom and I have also been speaking to a solicitor friend who says he really hopes that they mess me around with my mac key request so he can build a nice little compensation case for me,But frankly I would rather just leave the bunch of cowboys and take my chances elsewhere as I have had enough of it all..
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47545&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
N/A

Cheerio with thanks

Likewise I am a quiet loyal customer but Plusnet are on the way down the pan and common sense says 'Jump' :lol:
Sky offer has just 3 days to go?Best get on the phone in the morning then.Shame as PlusNet were the best once,theyve screwed up bigtime last few months Sad
rob1969
Grafter

Cheerio with thanks

Three days in my area it may different in your area.I am guessing I will miss the offer now, I should have just gone when the offer first come about,But like a muppet I believed the lies of Plusnet that they were sorting my problems out :lol:
And now I will probably miss the boat because I doubt very much I will get my mac key in the near future, I wouldn`t expect anything more from them.
My own fault really,I dont like change and I was hoping Plusnet would get back to the good old days when they cared about customers.I give Plusnet 12 mths max before they sell up or go bust..Im not lying when I say I would even prefer Aol to Plusnet,shoddy browser and all!