cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking a Line

N/A

Checking a Line

Does anyone know how long it takes to check a line - in order tracker it's been here for a week....I know we can get broadband I've had it with 2 previous suppliers, why the delay?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Checking a Line

You mention previous suppliers. Have you migrated into PN using a MAC, or have you ceased your account with the previous ISP and started a new one with PN?

If the latter is the case, there could still be a marker on your line saying ADSL is already provisioned, thus PN can't place an order until the marker is removed.

Sometimes I've heard that the status checker can appear to be stuck, but with progress occurring nonetheless.

It may be worth visiting the Help and Support pages, and raising a ticket (asking a question) to ascertain the problem. If something has caused a delay and PN haven't noticed it, this may also give them a kick start to check out your order status and manually progress it.

PS: Welcome to the Forums. Cheesy
N/A

Checking a Line

Thanks for your reply...I was with BT and then got an 'incredible offer' from Sky to get unlimited Broadband for £5 a month, so switched to them, but after a month of nothing happening and dealing with idiots, they told me the line was connected but the order was 'corrupt' and system #A couldn't talk to system #B (!) and so my hardware couldn't be sent out, you can only use Sky broadband with their hardware and that it'd be another month, I told them to forget it and to clear my line immediately. I waited a week and then ordered through PN. So I guess it's highly probable that Sky have just done nothing and that my line is still connected to them. If that is the case can PN do anything or will I have to be contacting Sky again?

Cheers

Andy