cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheaper than Plusnet

N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

If someone is unsure of the reality of the situation, there is a simple answer. Go into things armed with a list of questions that you demand full answers on, and record the whole question and answer session. There's no getting out of that.
Not been following PN? "a couple of months ago some employees incorrectly used the term unlimited"...that was PN's way out of it, blame their staff for miscommunication >.> We're loved.

LOL What's betting ian responds with "we never offered unlimited, we always had a contended service, what do you mean by unlimited"? Ignorance must be bliss.
19 REPLIES
N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

Cheaper than Plusnet- How can Talk Talk supply 1mb with unlimited transfer for £14.99. with free telephone evenings and weekend.Sounds good to me.
Community Veteran

Cheaper than Plusnet

Sounds too good to be true.

Do you have a url to the offer?
N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

Here is the thorn among the roses

4.5. You acknowledge that the Broadband Service is provided to other users and we owe a duty to them as a whole to preserve our network integrity and to avoid network degradation. If, in our reasonable opinion, we believe that your use of the Broadband Service has or may adversely affect such network integrity or may cause network degradation we may change your Transmission Speed or manage your use of our Broadband Service as we see fit in the circumstances. This includes, but is not limited to, any circumstances where you are running an application or program that places excessive bandwidth demands on the Broadband Service for continued periods. Although we have not applied a fixed limit or a cap to the amount of data that you may download and / or upload, we may also impose a limit on your usage capacity at any time at our sole discretion if your usage is affecting or may affect other users' enjoyment of the Broadband Service.
Ianwild
Grafter

Cheaper than Plusnet

I think I see how they do this from a two second google search:

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=195878

"I've just been disconnected for TalkTalk for compromising their network integrity and stability. Phoned them up and they said this wasn't due to my downloading but more uploading in my peer to peer software (i use WinMX)."

Of course, if as an ISP you can keep your average usage down, you can offer services at these sorts of prices. We have adopted a more open approach to managing that, hence fair usage on our Premier products as well as the launch of the Broadband Plus product ...

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

What is a url ? The offer also mentions free connection and free modem, I just wish I had waited before upgrading to Plusnet broadband.
glyndev
Grafter

Cheaper than Plusnet

What is a url ?.

A URL is the web site address.
N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

URL = Uniform Resource Locator
N/A

Re: Cheaper than Plusnet

Cheaper than Plusnet- How can Talk Talk supply 1mb with unlimited transfer for £14.99. with free telephone evenings and weekend.Sounds good to me.

My Auntie is with these there are things you need to know, they monitor your account and if you are a heavy user they stick a cap on @ 50gb...
N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

>>4.5. You acknowledge that the Broadband Service is provided to other users and we owe a duty to them as a whole to preserve our network integrity and to avoid network degradation. If, in our reasonable opinion, we believe that your use of the Broadband Service has or may adversely affect such network integrity or may cause network degradation we may change your Transmission Speed or manage your use of our Broadband Service as we see fit in the circumstances. This includes, but is not limited to, any circumstances where you are running an application or program that places excessive bandwidth demands on the Broadband Service for continued periods. Although we have not applied a fixed limit or a cap to the amount of data that you may download and / or upload, we may also impose a limit on your usage capacity at any time at our sole discretion if your usage is affecting or may affect other users' enjoyment of the Broadband Service.<<

I was assured "yesterday" that this is most definitely NOT in line with Carphone Warehouse's wishes and intent, and the Managing Director has clearly stated, that if ANY Account suffers from bandwidth choking, it is to be considered a breach of contract, and the customer can exit the Contract "immediately".

There is a clear and unambiguous contractual obligation in the welcome brochure that is given you when you sign up. When they say Unlimited, they do indeed mean Unlimited.

Two of my friends have already transferred to them, with no problems whatsoever.

Sorry Plusnet, I have now signed up with them, and things are in the process of transfer. As I think you are well aware, my problem is not with you (far from it in fact, I have no complaints at all with the service you have provided me, and would happily migrate back at some point in the future), my problem is with the people you have no present option but to do the bidding of. Namely British Telecom (who I do feel are pawns in this game as well).

Net access restrictions and handicaps have held back our Nations economic growth for the last 20+ years, and this present connection interference is yet another handicap being placed on British Business. I am personally not prepared to even consider tolerating it.

Sometimes for the message feedback to get through to the right quarters, the messenger has to be shot and seriously injured.
pcorker
Grafter

Cheaper than Plusnet

we may also impose a limit on your usage capacity at any time at our sole discretion

When they say Unlimited, they do indeed mean Unlimited.

I don't understand what you are saying here, rastech. Can you you explain it to me?
N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

Here is the link http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-home-Home?bbcam=adwds&bbkid=talk+talk&x offer ends 31/03/05.

Here is the same print.

* We don't apply formal caps or limits to the amount of data you transfer with TalkTalk Broadband, however we may restrict excessive use by, for example, prioritising traffic to light users during peak periods.
** On selected Talk tariffs only.
N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

interesting little astrisk next to the word UNLIMITED which leeds to small print that says and I quote

"* We don't apply any formal limits or caps to the amount of data you transfer with TalkTalk Broadband, however, we may restrict excessive over use by, for example, prioritising traffic to light users during peak periods."
N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

Sounds like QOS to me, looks like a similar offering to our broadband Plus account.

Regards,

Rich
N/A

Cheaper than Plusnet

Thats what I thought