cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to BBYW from PAYG

Azagoth
Grafter

If I change over to BBYW option 2 wil I receive the free wireless router as standard?

Plus, my billing date has just passed, 22nd July, so does the data I've already used in the past 5 days count towards the new 8GB limit?
8 REPLIES
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Have to request the router in a ticket and agree to the £5.99 postage charge.

As for usage, this depends which product you're changing from- if it's the same price the change will be made straight away. I believe the entire billing month's will considered against your new product usage allowance (not certain on that one though).

If the product you were on is more expensive than BBYW Option 2 then you'll have to wait until your next billing date for the change to take effect (in order to avoid messing around with pro-rata refunds and reducing usage allowance mid way through the month).

In the unlikely event you're on a product that costs less it'll be straight away with a pro-rata payment to cover the period of the month left until your normal billing data (again I believe the entire month is considered against your new product usage allowance).
Azagoth
Grafter

Same price at the moment, I'm on the £14.99 PAYG package.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

AFAIK This means that the change will be straight away and that the usage allowance for your entire billing period will be that of BBYW Option 2 (8GB at the present time).
N/A

What brand and model of router is supplied with this offer?
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The hardware supplied with the BBYW option 2 is the Voyager 2091 (details on BTs pages here).

Hope this helps,
N/A

Thank you for the info.

The last thing I need to know is what the pack contains? specifically, does it include the BT Voyager 1055 Wireless Adapter require to plug on the desktop?

Thanks again
Azagoth
Grafter

OK, so I've changed from PAYG to BBYW Option 2. However, I raised a ticket to receive the free router and have been told I need to register a credit/debit card to my account.

How does one go about registering a card and will this somehow affect my monthly payment which is paid via Direct Debit?
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can add a credit card here (account details -> payment details) - though if it's a debit card you'll need to ring this through on the number at the bottom of the page unfortunately. This won't affect your monthly subscription, this will continue to be taken via direct debit as previously.

Hope this helps,