cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my account

N/A

Changing my account

I currently have a 2mb connection, and this is costing me £39.99 a month. I'd like to move to the new package - my traffic is less than 10gb a month, so this makes sense.

How do I do this, and is there a charge for this. I'd like to start this from 2nd April, when the next regular mayment should be due.

Thanks, Colin.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Changing my account

Shall you tell him or shall I PN?. Oh what the hek - I will.

Yes there is a charge for this - £14.99. But You'll cover that in your savings in one month though...

To make you feel just that little bit better about the whole thing, when free regrades get roled out, Ill be on 2mb (line permitting), downloading just a bit more than you, and It wont have cost me a penny to get there.

Thats nice isnt it...

Still feel like paying that £14.99?
slev
Grafter

Changing my account

thats nice :-)

Anyway the " free " regardes are being offered by alot of isp's now its all about competition and thats the only reason plusnet is doing it.

I am waiting to see how many get annoyed when all this kicks in when people are waiitng months for these regrades and all those nice little £14.99 charges bouncing around, oh and no line speeds of " upto " 8mb till BT say so.

This forum will be hot once again.

Regards
N/A

Changing my account

Beckrise yes there is a downgrade charge. I assume you are looking at the 30gig £21.99 premier product if your usage is 10 Gig. If so u will be saving £18 a month and u will initialy have to pay a £14.99 downgrade charge.

From what has been posted the product changes will not happen before the week commencing April 11th and u will be able to make choice of which product u want via the portal from then on.

chesterfield take a chill pill m8, ur beef is with PN not a peep asking for some advice.
N/A

Changing my account

What hasn't been made clear though (to me anyway) is what happens to people like the OP and myself who's billing date is before the 11th.

Can we assume that it will be May before we can see any reduction in our charges ?

That would seem like a hell of a long time between the initial "exciting product announcement" on 15th Feb and any actual benefit to the customer !
Community Veteran

Changing my account

I think if you request the downgrade as soon as possible after the 11th, then you will find your billing date changed.

I dont believe you have to wait. Though I may be wrong.
Alecto
Grafter

Changing my account

Shouldn't the downgrade (and reduced monthly payment) happen straight away after you ask for it, and you therefore pay part of the month at £40 and part at £22?
I understood that at present you can have a line or package upgrade whenever you want without waiting for a month end, so why should that change?
You will in any case need to wait till they have officially launched the new product and FUP, whenever that is.
N/A

Downgrade.

Have I got this right? I pay my £39.99 on 2/4 to pay for the service until 1/5. From 11/4 I can request a downgrade, and will be charged £15 for this.

When will the downgrade take effect, and thus the new charge be taken?

Thanks Colin.
Community Veteran

Changing my account

The £14.99 admin fee is taken as soon as you request the downgrade. The downgrade occurs at your next billing date where you will then pay £21.99 instead on £39.99.
N/A

Changing my account

If that is the case their seems to be no rush to change on the 11th, better to wait just before your next billing date.....which does not bother me.
I am wondering how the regrade billing is done, as I am on DD is it added to that months DD or paid seperately by CC?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. There is no need to use the full text from the preceding post.
Community Veteran

Changing my account

Any admin/regarde fees must be paid by credit or debit card. It cannot be added to your DD.
N/A

Changing my account

ty for info Peter
N/A

Thks for the clarification.

Thanks all - I know what to do come 11/4.

Colin.